I followed Quinn's advices :
OK for replacing Jet40, Riched20 and 30.
But pb of "Sha1sum mismatch" when replacing mfc42.dll
I found the solution here, in the second post :
I downloaded VC6redistSetup_deu.exe and typed in a terminal 2 spells ;-) :
- cabextract -q VC6redistSetup_deu.exe
( then move vcredist.exe in ~/.cache/winetricks/vcrun6)
- winetricks vcrun6 .
And i was able to install stickies
Stickies work perfectly (except several small bugs, mentionned in "What does not work).
- Creation, modification, formatting, backup, store...
- "Set all" Menu, Rescue offscreen ...
- Networking (with Windows XP, Vista and Seven PCs ), friends...
What does not
- No "Start Menu" option/launcher created. (I had to do it myself)Alt-F4
- "Exit" Hotkey does not work.
- Titles shown in the Manage Stickies Window for notes that don't have a set title are weird- missing-character rectangles and apparently random text.
- When receiving stickies through the network, focus comes automatically on the sticky. il you are keyboarding, you can erase sticky's contects. I avoided this problem by receiving all stickies in secret mode.
What was not tested
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Linux Mint 13 "Maya" x86_64||Aug 14 2012||1.5.10||Yes||Yes||Silver||Quinn|
|Current||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 14 2013||1.4||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
All of Stickies' dependencies have outdated links in Winetricks version 20120308. I have found links that work as of August 14, 2012 and added them to Winetricks, which allows it to install them correctly. No other changes were made. You can download my slightly-modified version at this google docs link: