i needed the following steps to get the game to work on ubuntu_64
1) Install wine 1.5.19 with some old packages (1.5.22 and 1.5.21 fail with directx11 create device error)
2) install with wine tricks all the prerequisites written at the main description
3) now the game complains that xapofx1_5.dll is missing
and won't start.
To fix this do the following steps form appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=25129&iTestingId=68763:
1. Create a new WINEPREFIX:
(or whatever you want to call it)
This will create the prefix you'll need so you don't mess up your old WINEPREFIX and makes it easier to start over.
2. Run this in a new terminal window if one's not opened:
3. It should download the June 2010 Directx Redistributable and
install all of the Xaudio files needed, but not the Xapofx1_5 file. That
must be done manually.
4. Install cabextract from your package manager or obtain it from this site: www.cabextract.org.uk/
5. Create a directory where you will want to store your extracted Direcx files in the next step.
6. Change to this directory:
cd /path/to/directory for Directx
7. cabextract ~/.cache/winetricks/directx9/directx_Jun2010_redist.exe
8. Then you must run cabextract on Jun2010_XAudio_x86.cab like so:
9. Copy XAPOFX1_5.dll like so:
cp -v XAPOFX1_5.dll $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/windows/sytem/xapofx1_5.dll
11. Go to libraries and type xapofx1_5 in the drop down box.
12. Click add and then edit and make sure it's on Native then builtin.
Then the game starts but it has NO AUDIO!
To fix it also copy file XAudio2_7.dll which should appear after
cabextraction in the steps above to $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/windows/sytem/
and then do:
then also add it in the winecfg libraries section.
After i added xaudio2_7.dll the sound started to work
What does not
some small glitches like the xcom icon at the bottom left is not disappearing in the fullscreen
What was not tested
crashes only every hour, very good playable