Everthing (Game-play, Adventure Editor)
What does not
The button "Visit Zeus Website".
The above displays an "err" in the console. There are also a couple of "fixme" entries however nothing seems out of place.
There was a graphic bug in the old version(probably something to do with compiz) that no longer occurs!
When you initially started the game the window looked like it was at
the top left corner of the screen, but you had to hover the mouse a
little to the buttons right and bottom. To fix it you had to go to
fullscreen resolution, focus refocus or sth and it would eventually
work.It also used to mess up your desktop, meaning that you couldn't
see icons on your desktop. Turning off and then back on all compiz
effects fixed the problem.
1.1.3 Now the window appears at center
with only a minor displacement(the menus at the top don't appear,
that's the exact size of the displacement). However, merely unfocusing
and refocusing the window fixes the problem. Your desktop also doesn't
What was not tested
1) You still need to start zeus by using "wine zeus.exe" at the directory zeus is installed. 2)Poseidon has copy protection that Zeus didn't have. If the cd is in the drive/virtual drive the game was installed from it will work. If you mount the cd on another drive/virtual drive you have to edit zeus.ini(on the same directory as zeus.exe) and change the drive letter on the new one.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 02 2015||1.7.37||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Alexander Karatarakis|
|Show||Linux Mint 16 "Petra" x86_64||Apr 17 2014||1.7.16||Yes||Yes||Gold||Spiridon Louis|
|Show||Linux Mint 16 "Petra" x86_64||Apr 17 2014||1.6.2||Yes||No||Garbage||Spiridon Louis|
|Show||Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 04 2013||1.6||Yes||Yes||Gold||Alexander Karatarakis|
|Show||Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jul 20 2013||1.6||Yes||Yes||Gold||Alexander Karatarakis|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|1631||Sound underruns occur in directsound||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|14995||wined3d regression results in broken rendering for Age of Empires II||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|15182||Zeus and Emperor display crash introduced in 1.1.3||CLOSED||DUPLICATE||View|
|20431||Zeus Master of Olympus fails at runtime||CLOSED||INVALID||View|
|22627||Emperor fails to switch from Windowed Mode to Full Screen||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
EDIT: Newer versions of wine (tested 1.7.37) do NOT need the following notes.
(Tested under wine 1.3.18) Fresh installation with virtual desktop enabled. Note that the size of the virtual desktop can be set in "Wine Configuration" in the "Graphics" tab.
The first time it is launched, Zeus starts into fullscreen mode with resolution 800x600.
1) If the size of the virtual desktop is larger than 800x600 you'll see a black screen. Try to select windowed mode (F5 key).
2) If the size of virtual desktop is 800x600 then you'll not see the black screen but F5 key doesn't switch the game into windowed mode.
3) If the size of virtual desktop is 1024x768 and you see a black screen press F7 key (this will change the game resolution to 1024x768 fitting the whole wine virtual desktop).
4) If the size of virtual desktop is 1280x1024 or larger then you can use F6 or F7 and then F5 keys to play in windowed mode at the two resolutions supported by the game (=800x600 and 1024x768).
These solutions can be used with Pharaoh (and its expansion) too.
EDIT: Newer versions of wine (tested 1.7.37) do NOT need the following.
Throughout wine version there have been mixed results when running the game fullscreen or changing resolution and sometimes even windowed mode. To avoid all these problems, you can run the program in a virtual desktop.
On the terminal, type:
1)Adding the application on winecfg
First of all, we should add the application to the list so that
changes on wine settings don't affect any other applications. Click on
"Add application..." and navigate to the Zeus executable.