I tested singleplayer for 30 secs, and it works, good performance.
I had to download a glide wrapper:
I tested this one so far:
run nfs2sea.exe instead of nfs2sen.exe
Now imagine, it wraps glide to d3d and wine wraps d3d to opengl :)
The usual settings have to be changed (e.g. winver to win95)
What does not
I don't know
What was not tested
Multiplayer, longer playing Software mode
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Dec 25 2008||1.1.11||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Fedora 10||Dec 14 2008||1.1.10||Yes||Yes||Gold||NSLW|
|Show||Mandriva 2008.1 Spring||Oct 19 2008||1.1.4||No||Not installable||Garbage||Daniel Uto|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 07 2008||1.0-rc4||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 7.10 "Gutsy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 11 2008||0.9.53.||Yes||No||Garbage||JeffZ|
How to Install
1. Change Windows version in winecfg to Windows 95/98 (installation crashes with 2008/Vista/2003/XP/2000)
2. Go to Drivers tab and add drive D. Redirect the drive to path where your CD is mounted, for example: /media/Nfsiise/
3. Install by wine ./SETUP/ENGLISH/SETUP.EXE and not by AUTORUN.EXE
4. Case occurs the message Hardware not detected, ignore and press ok until the installation continues normally.
How to Play
1. Change back Windows version to XP 2. Download fix utility from HERE 3. Run the fix on game directory: $ wine pe.exe nfs2sen.exe 4. Install schedtool (read "Freezing/crashing" note) 5. Run NFS2 by: $ schedtool -a 0x1 -e wine nfs2sen.exe 6. Ignore message Your hard drive has less than 1MB free space case occurs. 7. Enjoy!
The glide version needs a Wrapper in order to work, and updated nfs2sea.exe (found HERE). I'm using dgVoodo with this configuration: RenderAPI: Direct3D9 Display Driver: Direct3D9 HAL Screen Mode: windowed mode D3D Textures bit depth: 32 bits texture options: autogenerate mipmaps LFB access: Enable FSB access (use hardware cache buffers when poss, use fastwrite for unmatching formats) ColorKeying Method: Native Texture Mem Size: 65536KB Resolution: 1024x768 Gamma Correction: 100% Miscellaneeous: force triple buferring, use hardware vertex buffers, enable glide-gammaramp Note: Full screen mode does not work for me with dgvoodo, but windowed mode with the display's resolution, shows the game in fullscreen.