Introduces Extended tools, improved PDF Annotator, improved eSignatures.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
Searching through .pdx index;
Other basic functions
What does not
What was not tested
1) env WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine32 WINEARCH='win32' wine 'wineboot'
2) env WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine32 WINEARCH='win32' winecfg
Set to Windows version to Windows 7.
3) env WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine32 winetricks atmlib riched20 wsh57 mspatcha
4) Download package from here - https://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/ - choose Windows 7, as of 19.Jan.2016 this will give you version 11.0.10
5) Install with
env WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine32 wine
Set updates to manual.
6) env WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine32 WINEARCH='win32' winecfg
Set to Windows version to Windows XP.
7) Run it!
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
Important Note on How to Install and run Adobe Reader 11.x
by Rounak Singh on Tuesday November 18th 2014, 13:18
1) download Adobe Reader Setup file from Adobe website with operating system as windows xp sp3 or (if 64 bit then windows xp sp2). Current version of Adobe Reader for Windows XP SP3 is 11.0.08
If you want to download Adobe Reader for Windows 8, then from winecfg change the operating system as windows 8. and then do the winetricks mentioned below. Current Adobe Reader version for Windows 8 is 11.0.09.
Warning: If you will run Adobe Reader for Windows 8 and run it with wine setting operating system as "windows xp", then you will probably going to deal with Bug 33162. There are other bugs with Windows8. It's file browsing dialog box opened when clicked on "Open" or "Save As" is erroneous. I recommend you to stick with Windows XP version.
2) Need to do four winetricks, which are as follows: (Run them on terminal)
Note: Winetricks commands should be executed before installing Adobe Reader, and after changing operating system from winecfg as per setup file downloaded, See 1.
3) While installing reader will ask for Update policy, click on manually option.
4) Adobe Reader will ask to start with protected mode disabled, do it. This is due to system compatibility. The Reader will ask this everytime it starts. I do not know how to stop it. May be you should check preferences.