This is the official release version; basically the `stable' branch. This version should have the most players available.
Current version number: v0.11.118.246723
Everything I've tested so far, means installation, updating, launching, playing the game, buying new weapons and armor-pieces
Performance drastically improved since beta for me, using the 310.19 nvidia-driver
What does not
Nothing so far
What was not tested
extended gameplay for more then a few hours
Using a clean wine-32bit-prefix ( due to my native imm32.dll won't work for me in a 64bit-prefix ) Requires vcrun2008 and corefonts Running the game requires d3dx9_43 and d3dcompiler_43 Getting around the mouse-input-bug you have to use a virtual-desktop and launch the game in window mode ( can be changed in the useroptions.ini in the game installation folder ) To get around the bug that the menu forces crashs you need a native imm32.dll from a windows-installation Just my 2 cents on that
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Nov 20 2019||4.20-staging||Yes||No||Yes||Garbage||timawesomeness|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Apr 15 2019||4.6-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Garbage||timawesomeness|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Apr 10 2019||4.5-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Garbage||timawesomeness|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Apr 10 2019||4.5-staging||Yes||No||No||Garbage||timawesomeness|
|Show||Linux Mint 18.1 "Serena" x86_64||Apr 15 2018||3.6||Yes||No||Yes||Garbage||Xuara Ars|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|32342||Multiple applications and games using 'Webkit' or 'Blink' web browser engine crash on startup ('Arial' and 'Times New Roman' font face name validation)||STAGED||View|
|37355||Multiple software protection schemes need ntoskrnl 'MmMapLockedPagesSpecifyCache' implementation (Tages Protection v5.x, BattleEye's 'bedaisy.sys', MRAC Anti-Cheat)||NEW||View|
available via winetricks
must be manually installed
imm32.dll - see note below
The following are required if you abort the DirectX redistributable installer:
available via winetricks
I start with a new prefix you may adapt it to your situation.
$WINEPREFIX will always be your path for you Planetside2 wine folder. The first step will create that folder.
example with step 1:
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_planetside wineboot
When you use a wrong or faulty imm32.dll, every program (including winecfg) will crash, giving you many error messages. In such a case you can revert the override by editing "$WINEPREFIX/user.reg". Use a text editor, not a word processor. Search for imm32, find the line that says "imm32"="native" or similar. Delete this line. Save the file and test if you can run winecfg now.
If you happen to use a 64bit wineprefix you need to put the imm32.dll into "$WINEPREFIX/drive_c/windows/syswow64" and set the override in winecfg (step 7 above) to "Native then Builtin". If you put it into system32, 64bit applications will not work correctly.
Archived from Nov.23 - please add a new note if you have more current information, as many of the bugs listed below no longer apply, and there are newer bugs as well, which are not listed below.
- pulled from a real windows install, solves menu crashing issue; also solves some disappearing cursor issues.
- winetricks corefonts
- for the launcher.
- Loader (LaunchPad):
- possible crash after updating (I need to verify this)
- file check may hang at "0 files" or the last file (usually saying "4854 files")
- if at "0 files" - you need to restart
- if at the end - just wait it out
- when clicking on links, you get an "Invalid parameter" warning but it does not crash.
- manually triggered "Validate" often slows down between ~2800 to ~3100 files
- just wait it out or restart
- will crash with error G12 when altering the following graphical settings:
- Game Resolution Mode
- Window/Fullscreen Mode
- Render Quality
- Crashes when "Particles" setting is on medium or higher
- every other setting works up to high (ultra untested). Set according to System Performance.
- (only Nvidia driver version 310.x+) Enable OpenGL threaded optimisations, execute before launching (best to write a script for launching PS2):
- export __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1;
- export LD_PRELOAD="libpthread.so.0 libGL.so.1";
- export WINEDEBUG=-all;
- Use the Multicore Optimisation script posted by Geriain in the Beta Comments (you may need to adapt it for your own needs)
- Use winetricks vsm=hardware multisampling=enabled and psm=enabled
- confirmed to give up to 15 FPS on low settings.
- in UseOptions.ini set RenderDistance to 1000
- You can try to use SweetFX
- Place all extracted files in your PS2 directory.
- Set d3d9 and dxgi to native,builtin in winecfg
- use this config for a startpoint. (you may disable SMAA for performance).
- Read the readme of SweetFX for further infos.
adopted from PS2 forums.