This is the official release version; basically the `stable' branch. This version should have the most players available.
Current version number: v0.11.118.246723
Game in general will work.
What does not
Use of Mouse in game causes crash.
What was not tested
In game playing
Tried every trick in the book even the imm23.dll, but on mouse movement it just crashes. I will try to test with more free time.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Nov 20 2019||4.20-staging||Yes||No||Yes||Garbage||timawesomeness|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Apr 15 2019||4.6-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Garbage||timawesomeness|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Apr 10 2019||4.5-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Garbage||timawesomeness|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Apr 10 2019||4.5-staging||Yes||No||No||Garbage||timawesomeness|
|Show||Linux Mint 18.1 "Serena" x86_64||Apr 15 2018||3.6||Yes||No||Yes||Garbage||Xuara Ars|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|32342||Multiple applications and games using 'Webkit' or 'Blink' web browser engine crash on startup ('Arial' and 'Times New Roman' font face name validation)||STAGED||View|
|37355||Multiple software protection schemes need ntoskrnl 'MmMapLockedPagesSpecifyCache' implementation (Tages Protection v5.x, BattleEye's 'bedaisy.sys', MRAC Anti-Cheat)||NEW||View|
available via winetricks
must be manually installed
imm32.dll - see note below
The following are required if you abort the DirectX redistributable installer:
available via winetricks
I start with a new prefix you may adapt it to your situation.
$WINEPREFIX will always be your path for you Planetside2 wine folder. The first step will create that folder.
example with step 1:
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_planetside wineboot
When you use a wrong or faulty imm32.dll, every program (including winecfg) will crash, giving you many error messages. In such a case you can revert the override by editing "$WINEPREFIX/user.reg". Use a text editor, not a word processor. Search for imm32, find the line that says "imm32"="native" or similar. Delete this line. Save the file and test if you can run winecfg now.
If you happen to use a 64bit wineprefix you need to put the imm32.dll into "$WINEPREFIX/drive_c/windows/syswow64" and set the override in winecfg (step 7 above) to "Native then Builtin". If you put it into system32, 64bit applications will not work correctly.
Archived from Nov.23 - please add a new note if you have more current information, as many of the bugs listed below no longer apply, and there are newer bugs as well, which are not listed below.
- pulled from a real windows install, solves menu crashing issue; also solves some disappearing cursor issues.
- winetricks corefonts
- for the launcher.
- Loader (LaunchPad):
- possible crash after updating (I need to verify this)
- file check may hang at "0 files" or the last file (usually saying "4854 files")
- if at "0 files" - you need to restart
- if at the end - just wait it out
- when clicking on links, you get an "Invalid parameter" warning but it does not crash.
- manually triggered "Validate" often slows down between ~2800 to ~3100 files
- just wait it out or restart
- will crash with error G12 when altering the following graphical settings:
- Game Resolution Mode
- Window/Fullscreen Mode
- Render Quality
- Crashes when "Particles" setting is on medium or higher
- every other setting works up to high (ultra untested). Set according to System Performance.
- (only Nvidia driver version 310.x+) Enable OpenGL threaded optimisations, execute before launching (best to write a script for launching PS2):
- export __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1;
- export LD_PRELOAD="libpthread.so.0 libGL.so.1";
- export WINEDEBUG=-all;
- Use the Multicore Optimisation script posted by Geriain in the Beta Comments (you may need to adapt it for your own needs)
- Use winetricks vsm=hardware multisampling=enabled and psm=enabled
- confirmed to give up to 15 FPS on low settings.
- in UseOptions.ini set RenderDistance to 1000
- You can try to use SweetFX
- Place all extracted files in your PS2 directory.
- Set d3d9 and dxgi to native,builtin in winecfg
- use this config for a startpoint. (you may disable SMAA for performance).
- Read the readme of SweetFX for further infos.
adopted from PS2 forums.