I did create a new Wine-Prefix, installed the game in that one.
2. Single Player
Works with a workaround. Since it's not the games fault exactly I do still rate it Platinum. So here's what you gonna need to do:
You need to change your hostfile in /etc/hosts to your current local lan adress. So 127.0.0.1 need to be changed to 192.168.xxx.xxx where xxx must be changed according to your IP address.
Attention: Since this could cause unwanted behavior backup the hostfile and change it back after your LAN session.
They do work! I did just rename all the EA and THX stuff to get the game starting as fast as possible.
CPU: Intel Core i5-5200U
GPU driver: Intel Broadwell-U iGPU
Driver: Intel Mesa
RAM: 8 GB
CPU: Q6600@4x2,88 Ghz
GPU driver: nvidia-beta 361.18-1
RAM: 8 GB
What does not
Nothing so far
What was not tested
I guess everything was tested
|Distribution||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Rating||Submitter|
|Current||Arch Linux x86_64||Jan 14 2016||1.9.1||Yes||Yes||Platinum||cRaZy-bisCuiT|
|Show||Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 30 2013||1.7.9||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Linux Mint 14 "Nadia" x86_64||Jun 08 2013||1.4.1||Yes||Yes||Gold||x_dexter_x|
|Show||Linux Mint Debian||Dec 09 2011||1.3.34||Yes||Yes||Gold||Jedi|
|Show||Linux Mint 11 "Katya"||Nov 26 2011||1.3.33||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
Ensure You've applied the latest patch (65539 - version 1.03) from ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/eapacific/lotr/lotrbfme/ right after installation and before trying to run the game!
For Wine versions from 0.9.57 to 1.1.11 the mouse cursor is absolutely missing. This is known bug 5828. There is a way how to fix this bug via compiling your own Wine with set of patches, see below:
Uninstall Wine if you have some installed in the system.
Download Wine 1.1.1 sources or source package: wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wine/wine-1.1.1.tar.bz2
Unpack the Wine archive through the file manager or: tar -xvjf wine-1.1.1.tar.bz2
Enter the Wine directory with: cd wine-1.1.1
Download the cursor patch: wget http://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=14765 -O patch
Apply the cursor patch: patch -p1 < patch
Update wineserver: ./tools/make_requests
Update the configure script: autoconf
Configure Wine: ./configure
Build Wine: make depend && make
Install with 'make install' (as root)
If for some reason installation of game don't work, try installing DCOM98 first.
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
- RE: BFME I Working Perfectly! by PB on Monday November 22nd 2010, 10:23
- RE: Installation cannot be completed by Vit Hrachovy on Monday September 28th 2009, 3:10
- RE: Installation cannot be completed by Łukasz on Monday September 28th 2009, 4:54
- RE: Installation cannot be completed by Sherlock on Wednesday October 7th 2009, 16:02
- RE: World Builder by Unifying Theory on Tuesday December 2nd 2008, 11:13
- RE: Unload debbuger by Vit Hrachovy on Sunday July 20th 2008, 13:52
- RE: Unload debbuger by Athrun on Tuesday July 22nd 2008, 5:33
- RE: Unload debbuger by Łukasz on Tuesday July 22nd 2008, 18:03
- RE: Unload debbuger by Athrun on Wednesday July 23rd 2008, 11:02
- RE: Unload debbuger by Athrun on Wednesday July 23rd 2008, 11:09
- RE: Unload debbuger by Frederik Hertzum on Wednesday August 20th 2008, 8:27
- RE: Could not connect. by Vit Hrachovy on Saturday March 15th 2008, 14:31
- RE: Freeze at login screen. by Ben on Friday March 14th 2008, 17:20
- RE: no mouse cursor by Vit Hrachovy on Friday March 14th 2008, 9:06
- RE: Install patch help? by Vit Hrachovy on Sunday March 9th 2008, 5:00
- RE: Debug Error by Vit Hrachovy on Friday February 22nd 2008, 9:36
- RE: DirectX error by Vit Hrachovy on Thursday January 3rd 2008, 13:58
- RE: DirectX error by John Fante on Thursday January 3rd 2008, 23:37
- RE: DirectX error by Vit Hrachovy on Friday January 4th 2008, 0:32
- RE: DirectX error by John Fante on Friday January 4th 2008, 10:20
- RE: DirectX error by John Fante on Friday January 4th 2008, 10:46
- RE: Entry into skirmishes within campaign game hangs by Jonathon Day on Sunday September 16th 2007, 1:23
- RE: install trick by Jonathon Day on Sunday September 16th 2007, 1:25
- RE: Got to work somewhat by Derek Walker on Sunday December 3rd 2006, 7:48
- RE: Install works by Krzysztof Drewniak on Sunday October 19th 2008, 8:09