Version 5.666 of Winamp
Last version of Nullsoft Winamp :(
Last changelog from Winamp fourms:
* Improved: Added a Reset button to clear history in the Open/Add URL dialog
* Improved: Added an option to disable the mouse wheel from altering the volume
* Improved: Added more commandline switches (run: winamp.exe /? to see full list)
* Improved: All menus now use the skinned style when option is enabled in ML settings
* Improved: Disable all online features when no internet connection selected in Prefs
* Improved: High DPI & text scaling compatibility fixes for dialogs & library views
* Improved: Increased notification area tooltips up to 128 chars (instead of 64)
* Improved: Library views now optionally group the 'Play' and 'Enqueue' buttons
* Improved: Mass metadata editor from library now also available in Playlist Editor
* Improved: Retry UAC prompt if user previously selected "No" (for relevant settings)
* Improved: Speed-up of Winamp shutdown process
* Improved: [gen_ff] Added a setting to control show/hide time for docked toolbars
* Improved: [gen_ml] Drag & drop handling tweaks
* Improved: [ml_downloads] Added 'Size' column
* Improved: [ml_history] New options for resuming playback (for podcasts or all files)
* Improved: [ml_history] Added a 'Play Offset' column with right-click option to clear
* Improved: [ml_local] Added Podcast, BPM & Rating fields to Ctrl+E metadata editor
* Improved: [ml_local/history/pmp] Added F8 to refresh current search
* Improved: [ml_nowplaying/wire] Added support to use alternative services
* Improved: [ml_playlists] Option to use source file instead of database-managed copy
* Improved: [ml_pmp] Added a simple view to match Local library support
* Improved: [pmp_android/usb] Added
* Fixed: Agent not using Winamp window if a clone is already running (eg. KMPlayer)
* Fixed: Fallback issue with lang packs when loading accelerator tables
* Fixed: Length not being read when set to read titles on load
* Fixed: Ratings-related freeze on right-clicking large selections in playlist editor
* Fixed: Saving to wrong extension for the 'Save As' action in the Alt+3 Artwork tab
* Fixed: Unicode characters not displaying in taskbar when some old plugins are present
* Fixed: Various issues with aero-peek and docking of freeform skins as an appbar
* Fixed: [gen_ff] Docking to bottom/right when windowframe scale is anything but 1.0
* Fixed: [gen_jumpex] 'Jump to File' window not always visible when pressing 'J' or 'F3'
* Fixed: [gen_jumpex] Broken 'Add to Library' shell menu item
* Fixed: [gen_tray] Lockup/double-start issues when using the 'Prev' action
* Fixed: [in_flac] Removal of embedded artwork
* Fixed: [in_midi] Memory comparison crash with badly formed .kar files
* Fixed: [libmp4v2] Crash due to invalid pointer check on corrupt files
* Fixed: [ml_local] Search filters with unicode characters not being remembered
* Fixed: [ml_playlists] Remove invalid characters from playlist name on export
* Fixed: [pmp_android/usb] Crash on bad path
* Fixed: [pmp_android/usb] Use filename if no metadata available to generate filepath
* Misc: [installer] Added a "Winamp (Safe Mode)" option to start menu icons
* Misc: More general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations (lots of them!)
* Updated: [enc_fhgaac] Fraunhofer AAC Encoder v3.02.16
* Updated: [enc/in_vorbis] libogg 1.3.1
* Updated: [gen_jumpex] JTFE v1.32
* Updated: [in_wave] libsndfile 1.0.25
The Pro & Full installers are the same for this release (No OpenCandy/Emusic/AOLSearch/Toolbar).
This is the best release of Winamp ever, imo, but let's just hope & pray that it's not the last...
However, this will be the last AOL/Nullsoft release of Winamp :-(
See the download page for more info.
A big thank you to all our users, former team members, beta testers, moderators, translators, skinners,
plugin developers, preset & color theme designers, community members, everyone... for everything...
Some mp3 files might cause Winamp to crash.
If you experience this issue, then please use in_mp3.dll from build 3512 instead (Info | Download).
Weird black pixels on corners of Bento & Modern skin notifier. Fixed png files available here.
|License:||Free to use|
|Latest Wine Version Tested:||6.0-rc1|
Maintainers: About Maintainership
No maintainers. Volunteer today!
Everything works EXCEPT that it does not recognize USB devices.
What does not
does not recognize USB devices
What was not tested
As a result it was not possible to verify plalist and music files to I-Pod or USB stick
This was the best music manager and has been impossible to replace in Linux.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 20.04 "Focal" (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 14 2021||6.0-rc1||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||Mike Pelletier|
|Show||Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan" (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 24 2019||4.0.2||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||Danny Nisenbaum|
|Show||Linux Mint 18.3 "Sylvia" x86_64||Apr 04 2018||3.5||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||darkskall|
|Show||Fedora 26 x86_64||Aug 04 2017||2.14-staging||Yes||Yes||Gold||AR|
|Show||Debian 9 (Stretch)||Aug 18 2017||2.0.2||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||Rifanoz|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|4825||Winamp Media Library Does Not Display||NEW||View|
|12060||Winamp visualizations are placed incorrectly in their host window||NEW||View|
|15346||Winamp disappears when you move it's location||STAGED||View|
|16367||Applications don't receive multimedia keys||NEW||View|
|18926||In Winamp, the "send to..." submenu in the playlist menu does not appear||NEW||View|
|22891||winamp [5.572] Winamp.exe hangs after exiting winamp forcing a kill||REOPENED||View|
|22892||winamp [5.572] Modern skins don't update metadata information||NEW||View|
|34143||Milkdrop 2 visual plug in doesn't work in WinAMP (requires native D3DCompiler_47.dll d3dx9_36.dll d3dx9_42.dll)||UNCONFIRMED||View|
For optimal experience using application install the following DLLs from winetricks:
-directx9 (Overkill but helps in the long run)
-ie8 (For web browser functionality)
winetricks comctl32 directmusic directplay directx9 gdiplus ie8 mfc42 vcrun6
you use the modern skin you might need to enlarge the main window for
the media library to show up.
Comments for this application have been disabled because there are no maintainers.