Version 5.666 of Winamp
Last version of Nullsoft Winamp :(
Last changelog from Winamp fourms:
* Improved: Added a Reset button to clear history in the Open/Add URL dialog
* Improved: Added an option to disable the mouse wheel from altering the volume
* Improved: Added more commandline switches (run: winamp.exe /? to see full list)
* Improved: All menus now use the skinned style when option is enabled in ML settings
* Improved: Disable all online features when no internet connection selected in Prefs
* Improved: High DPI & text scaling compatibility fixes for dialogs & library views
* Improved: Increased notification area tooltips up to 128 chars (instead of 64)
* Improved: Library views now optionally group the 'Play' and 'Enqueue' buttons
* Improved: Mass metadata editor from library now also available in Playlist Editor
* Improved: Retry UAC prompt if user previously selected "No" (for relevant settings)
* Improved: Speed-up of Winamp shutdown process
* Improved: [gen_ff] Added a setting to control show/hide time for docked toolbars
* Improved: [gen_ml] Drag & drop handling tweaks
* Improved: [ml_downloads] Added 'Size' column
* Improved: [ml_history] New options for resuming playback (for podcasts or all files)
* Improved: [ml_history] Added a 'Play Offset' column with right-click option to clear
* Improved: [ml_local] Added Podcast, BPM & Rating fields to Ctrl+E metadata editor
* Improved: [ml_local/history/pmp] Added F8 to refresh current search
* Improved: [ml_nowplaying/wire] Added support to use alternative services
* Improved: [ml_playlists] Option to use source file instead of database-managed copy
* Improved: [ml_pmp] Added a simple view to match Local library support
* Improved: [pmp_android/usb] Added
* Fixed: Agent not using Winamp window if a clone is already running (eg. KMPlayer)
* Fixed: Fallback issue with lang packs when loading accelerator tables
* Fixed: Length not being read when set to read titles on load
* Fixed: Ratings-related freeze on right-clicking large selections in playlist editor
* Fixed: Saving to wrong extension for the 'Save As' action in the Alt+3 Artwork tab
* Fixed: Unicode characters not displaying in taskbar when some old plugins are present
* Fixed: Various issues with aero-peek and docking of freeform skins as an appbar
* Fixed: [gen_ff] Docking to bottom/right when windowframe scale is anything but 1.0
* Fixed: [gen_jumpex] 'Jump to File' window not always visible when pressing 'J' or 'F3'
* Fixed: [gen_jumpex] Broken 'Add to Library' shell menu item
* Fixed: [gen_tray] Lockup/double-start issues when using the 'Prev' action
* Fixed: [in_flac] Removal of embedded artwork
* Fixed: [in_midi] Memory comparison crash with badly formed .kar files
* Fixed: [libmp4v2] Crash due to invalid pointer check on corrupt files
* Fixed: [ml_local] Search filters with unicode characters not being remembered
* Fixed: [ml_playlists] Remove invalid characters from playlist name on export
* Fixed: [pmp_android/usb] Crash on bad path
* Fixed: [pmp_android/usb] Use filename if no metadata available to generate filepath
* Misc: [installer] Added a "Winamp (Safe Mode)" option to start menu icons
* Misc: More general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations (lots of them!)
* Updated: [enc_fhgaac] Fraunhofer AAC Encoder v3.02.16
* Updated: [enc/in_vorbis] libogg 1.3.1
* Updated: [gen_jumpex] JTFE v1.32
* Updated: [in_wave] libsndfile 1.0.25
The Pro & Full installers are the same for this release (No OpenCandy/Emusic/AOLSearch/Toolbar).
This is the best release of Winamp ever, imo, but let's just hope & pray that it's not the last...
However, this will be the last AOL/Nullsoft release of Winamp :-(
See the download page for more info.
A big thank you to all our users, former team members, beta testers, moderators, translators, skinners,
plugin developers, preset & color theme designers, community members, everyone... for everything...
Some mp3 files might cause Winamp to crash.
If you experience this issue, then please use in_mp3.dll from build 3512 instead (Info | Download).
Weird black pixels on corners of Bento & Modern skin notifier. Fixed png files available here.
Player, plays music, Bento skin, dual monitor spanning.
What does not
The bento skin's timer doesn't show up, and when minimised to the thin bar, reads 00:00.
What was not tested
Advanced testing (Pretty much all other stuff not necessarily required as long as you just want to hear stuff play).
|Distribution||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Rating||Submitter|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 02 2016||1.9.11||Yes||Yes||Gold||Jack Greiner|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 11 2016||1.9.7||Yes||Yes||Gold||Carlos Rodriguez|
|Show||Fedora 23 x86_64||Jan 11 2016||1.9.0||Yes||Yes||Gold||Jack Greiner|
|Show||Fedora 23 x86_64||Nov 26 2015||1.7.55||Yes||Yes||Gold||Jack Greiner|
|Show||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 02 2014||1.7.19||Yes||Yes||Silver||DarkMan|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|4825||Winamp Media Library Does Not Display||NEW||View|
|12060||Direct3D window is not placed withing its parent window||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|15346||Winamp disappears when you move it's location||NEW||View|
|16367||Applications don't receive multimedia keys||NEW||View|
|18926||In Winamp, the "send to..." submenu in the playlist menu does not appear||NEW||View|
|22891||winamp [5.572] Winamp.exe hangs after exiting winamp forcing a kill||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|22892||winamp [5.572] Modern skins don't update metadata information||NEW||View|
|34143||Window'ed Milkdrop 2 visual plug in doesn't work in WinAMP||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|36098||Winamp's DirectSound plugin doesn't work with 192KHz/24bit ALSA audio output||UNCONFIRMED||View|
For optimal experience using application install the following DLLs from winetricks:
-directx9 (Overkill but helps in the long run)
-ie8 (For web browser functionality)
winetricks comctl32 directmusic directplay directx9 gdiplus ie8 mfc42 vcrun6
you use the modern skin you might need to enlarge the main window for
the media library to show up.
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
- RE: MilkDrop works by Jack Greiner on Monday January 11th 2016, 18:40