Installs and runs out of the box
Synchronization between German, English and Spanish version works flawlessly.
What does not
What was not tested
For Debian Testing I used the .deb packages for Sid which Kai Wasserbäch packaged. I used dpkg -i --force-depends ... Then installed the latest libgphoto packages with aptitude. Aptitude wants to remove the wine packages first, so just use "=" to keep them, then "G" again and aptitude pulls in the newest libgphoto packages. Maybe you have to wait a little bit so the packages trickle down from Sid into Testing. Hint: Kai's packages for amd64 are for running Windows64 software, on Debian amd64 you need to install Kai's i386 packages if you want to run Win32 software even if your architecture is amd64.
|Distribution||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Rating||Submitter|
|Current||Debian GNU/Linux 8.x "Jessie" x86_64||Jan 24 2014||1.7.11||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Eike Lantzsch|
|Show||Linux Mint 16 "Petra"||Nov 15 2013||1.7.6||Yes||Yes||Gold||Nils-Eric Wilkman|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.10 "Quantal" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 31 2013||1.5.22||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Leonard|
|Show||openSUSE 12.2 x86_64||Dec 30 2012||1.5.19||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Carl Fletcher|
|Show||Mageia||Dec 20 2012||1.5.19||Yes||Yes||Gold||Nils-Eric Wilkman|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
Whether the install process went fine, or if not, what went wrong
Whether the program starts without any tweaks/modifications, or if not, what needs fixing/tweaking.
If the program runs, does the following work, or if not, what has to be done to fix/tweak it?
did I forget something? just edit this note.
This issue appears on some video cards with Compiz enabled. The workaround is in disabling fade animation for wine tooltips. To do this:
Close animationstab and double-click line that starts with
Window Classas Type, enter
Wineas Value, select
Andas Relation and check Invert.
Addbutton and you're done.
If you use Intel graphics and experience blacked out text and interface items in Watchtower Library, (that is, experience bug 24998), you can fix it with following steps:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/X11 Driver. Create it if it does not exist
ClientSideWithRenderand set its value to
If you see squares instead of text in Watchtower Library on the first run, go to settings (press f2) and change font settings, choosing any font you like. If you see broken characters in interface, you may need to install MS truetype core fonts for web package. To do this
msttcorefontspackage using your packaging system. If it fails:
XFCE and some other DE ignore path parameter for desktop and menu launchers. As result, Watchtower Library prior to 2011 does not start when you click these. The simple solution is to change "Command" parameter in launcher to
wine start wtlibrary.exe
There are some initial issues with using the Watchtower Library in Mac. The first issue is
Simple solution: watchtowerlibraryformac.info
Or, you could follow the guide in the WINE wiki about installing Macports (MacOSX Installation). It is recommended that once you have installed MacPorts you need to configure it (How to install & configure Macports)
Do not install WINE but rather install wine-devel
sudo ports install wine-devel for the latest WINE version.
You should also update X11, the default version is 2.3.2 which doesn't display all of the images in the Watchtower Library. The website XQuartz MacOS Forge contains the latest XQuartz (2.6.2). Once XQuartz has been updated you can run the Watchtower Library out-of-the-box with no issues.
To set up an application to run the Watchtower Library from the dock, go to Applications -> Utilities -> AppleScript Editor
Once in the editor copy & paste the following script:
tell application "Terminal" do script "/opt/local/bin/wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\\ Files/Watchtower/Watchtower\\ Library\\ 2010/E/WTLibrary.exe" end tell
Click on run to make sure it works and then click on compile if successful and then save the script as an application filetype (Leave startup screen unchecked). Once saved as an application drag it into the dock.
WINE in Mac doesn't seem to look for the DLL files in the same way it normally does. The DLL files it is referring to (Such as uresearch21u.dll) are located in the "MEPS Platform 2.3" folder in the Watchtower directory. However WINE searches for them in the /drive_c/windows/system32 directory. Just copy and paste the contents of the "MEPS Platform 2.3" folder to the "system32" folder to resolve the issue.
If you copy multiline-text and a reference happens to be divided between two lines, the results can be a bit odd. This seems to be by design; wtlib seems to read the clipboard contents line by line. For example, if an article reads:
hechos recientes son más que los de antes" (Rev. 2:
Then wtlib will extract Revelation chapter 2, the entire chapter. This is due to wtlib reading just one line at a time. Now, in linux you can install xclip and run this command after having copied, say for example an entire article:
xclip -o | tr "\n" " " | xclip -selection clipboard -i
The command translates \newlines to spaces. If you do that before going Edit - Fetch from clipboard in wtlib, the correct references are extracted :D (Just Rev. 2:19, 20 in the example above).
You could even stick the command in a script and launch that from a button on your panel, or something.
I don't know how to do this in windows, but could be AutoIt would be a start...