This version covers Part 3 of Monster Girl Quest, but the instructions for making it run should work for all three parts.
Is it not necessary to have each part in a separate wine prefix.
Everything so far.
I just started playing but from past records it should works nicely.
What does not
See extra comments to install the game, not sure i can be called workarounds, but the game definitely don't run out of the box.
What was not tested
Playing to the end.
You need :
- quartz, takao, devenum from winetricks
- Edit the game registry to create the following string value : HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Fonts\Replacements/(Default) and set it to "ï¼ï¼³ ã‚´ã‚·ãƒƒã‚¯"="TakaoMincho"
- Play the game with the variable LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8
- Copy msgothic.ttc and msmincho.ttc from a Windows installation (in "C:\Windows\font") or some installation media to the prefix in "drive_c/windows/Fonts"
- Acquire the Windows fonts "MS Gothic" and "MS Mincho" and copy then to C:\Windows\Fonts
I've seen others report saying that fullscreen doesn't work. It actually does but you need to set the prefix to windows10 in winecfg and not using a virtual desktop, else the game will stay in its original resolution.
You might want to make your screen keep aspect ratio in that case, because the game has a 4:3 ratio and you probably have a 16/9 screen. To do that, just type xrandr --output DP-1 --set "scaling mode" "Full aspect" in a terminal, replacing DP-1 by your output (you can list those by using xrandr).
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 20.04 "Focal" (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 03 2020||5.0.2||N/A||Yes||Yes||Gold||Jecht|
|Current||Arch Linux x86_64||Jul 24 2019||4.12.1-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Delbauche Florian|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||May 14 2017||2.7||N/A||Yes||Yes||Gold||iridium_wartortle|
|Show||openSUSE Tumbleweed (rolling release)||Jul 09 2015||1.7.44||N/A||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Apr 27 2014||1.7.17||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|