Part of Office 2003.
Â* Basic spreadsheet stuff
* Tested mostly with a travel expenditure form from an uncle's workplace, locked fields/formulas/formatting all looked good.
* Conditional formattÂing
* Basic graph usage
* Goal seek
* Basic picture usage (insertion, moving, scaling, cropping, rotation, transparency)
* Data lists (only tested creation, filtering, and sorting)
* Window splitting/freezing
* Locked cells
* Various fonts and formattings
* Rotated cells
* Web page preview (though it opened in Geany, not Chrome or even wine's imitation IE)
What does not
Â* VBA macros didn't want to run, they threw some error. Editing/recording them works though.
* Picture effects don't do anything, i.e. contrast/grayscale
* Some conditional formatting, i.e. conditional font families (the input to selecÂt the font was disabled)
What was not tested
* HTML scraping
* Complicated formulas
* Anything other than a basic line graph
* A lot of other things. Excel has too many features.Â
Admin note: rating changed to conform to the rating definitions.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Zorin OS 16||Jan 22 2022||7.0||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||GMP79|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 02 2017||2.2||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Isira Seneviratne|
|Show||openSUSE 11.4 x86_64||Oct 27 2011||1.3.31||Yes||Yes||Silver||Rosanne|
|Current||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 08 2010||1.2.1||Yes||Yes||Silver||Daniel Lamando|
|Show||openSUSE 11.1||May 31 2010||1.2-rc2||Yes||Yes||Garbage||Rosanne|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|11336||typing an open parenthesis "(" in vba causes an error in excel 2003||NEW||View|
|23108||Excel & Powerpoint 2003/2007: can't switch between open documents from taskbar, misplaced taskbar icon||NEW||View|
|25460||Word/Excel 2003: File->Properties dialog TAB key inserts extra tab symbol instead of just skipping to next text box||NEW||View|
|29255||Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 & 2010 applications do not print OTF||NEW||View|
Follow the instructions in the Microsoft Office (installer only) entry for installing. After installing:
It is not necessary to install either of these dlls, as OÂffice installs its own version. Do not set these overrides globally unless Office is installed in a separate wineprefix.