From the Cosmigo website:
Current Version: 6.5. Key features include
- New engine to create graphics used as endless tiled patterns
- Rotated ellipse
- Quick selection shortcuts to immediately mask/unmask graphic portions
- Use and create multi colored bitmap fonts
- Continue drawing while animation is running
- Pixel size definition to have sizes like 2x1
- Improved grid display working with zoom settings below 100%
- Advanced masking
- Unlimited undo/redo
- Realtime Tile Map Creation Engine
- Grids engine to use any type of grid including Isometric, Octagon, Box
- Extended Color Palette Editor to Cut, Move, Insert or Modify Ranges of Colors
All of the functionality I've tested so far has worked (the application has a ton of features, so it's very hard to say what percentage I've tested).
If it seems like you've hung the program, and all that will work is the maximize/unmaximize button, move the main window and make sure you haven't got a modal dialog stuck under the main window. The app won't let you do anything until these are closed, but they don't seem to exhibit an "always on top" behavior.
If you drag the program around in windowed mode, it is possible to end up with the tool boxes in odd or unreachable places. To work around this, use the Options|Windows|Arrange_Windows menu option.
What does not
What was not tested
I'm sure there are lots of functions that I still have not tested yet, as the feature list is very large. I will update as discover issues.
While I did run into the issues mentioned above, I'm not entirely sure they're Wine problems and not distro-specific, so I feel the app should still be rated as platinum for now.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 06 2013||1.5.20||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Evil|