Game installs and is 100% playable to end game and credits.
Complete installation process
- Create an empty 32 bit Wine Prefix:
WINEPREFIX='/home/username/prefix32' WINEARCH='win32' wine 'wineboot'
- Run Configure Wine, under the Graphics tab
- Check "Automaticaly capture the mouse in full-screen windows" (Makes the game go full screen automatically on start.)
- Uncheck "Allow the window manager to decorate the windows" (Increased FPS when disabled.)
- Uncheck "Allow the window manager to control the windows" (Increased FPS when disabled.)
- Get the current version of winetricks and install .NET 4.0 and .NET 3.5:
- Install Steam
- Quit Steam and run (Portal instructions, plus Steam dwrite fix):
wine steam -no-dwrite
- Install Antichamber. Steam will install DirectX, Physx, and VS2008.
- Steam will start the .NET 3.5 installer. Kill this process (setup.exe).
- Start the game. The Unreal engine intro video plays, then there is a 3-5 second pause and the game starts.
What does not
- Extremely minor sound issues.
- Windowed mode hides the game and the mouse cursor.
- Alt-tab causes long, but recoverable delays.
- First time starting the game, every time, the screen goes black and audio starts, but graphics do not. Holding ESC exits. Restart and everything works.
- Screen resolution does not reset on exit.
What was not tested
All major functionality was tested.
AMD 9600 with a Radeon HD 5800.