WaveLab 5 is the only all-in-one solution for high resolution stereo and multi-channel audio editing, mastering, CD/DVD burning and for complete CD or DVD Audio production in outstanding audio quality. WaveLab is not just a top level mastering tool, it also offers capabilities for multimedia, sound design with samplers, radio broadcasts, and computer telephony applications. This is why WaveLab is the leading application for digital audio editing.
All playback and recording seem to be working. Also menus and saving are working as should be. Menus were a problem before and now it all works. Also VST and Direct X plug-ins that come with WaveLab5 also work. All of it seems to be fine. Huge differance than the last time I tried. All functions working.
What does not
So far the only thing I can find is the Saving to wave file format does not work correctly. It saves a file but it shows up as nothing or some kind of file that makes no sense.
Edit: Needed to type .wav extention while saving as. It saves correctly but needed to actually type .wave or .aiff and select the correct encoding. Then it saved fine and played back fine.
What was not tested
I have to go through the rest of the features but the all main functions work fine.
Also changing status to Platinum it installed fine out of the box after doing general install of wine doors. No dll overides only switched alsa to jack because I am using jack as my sound setup.
I also used Wine Doors to install important components for wine to run programs. I suggest using wine doors if you have no idea about using wine or installing components.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 04 2010||1.1.41||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 09 2008||0.9.60||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Current||PCLinuxOS 2007||Dec 06 2007||0.9.60||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
1. Open Synaptic package manager
2. Search for wine and select wine, wine asio, and wine doors
3. Run Wine Doors fill in company name and name select whether or not you have a windows licence and start install. Let it finish setting up all the necessary components. It will take a few moments so surf, eat, play......fall a sleep.
4. Once it is done log out and log back in just to refresh everything then pop in you wavelab 5 disc or .exe file and double click on setup.exe. If it is not installing to c:/ under home/"your user name"/ .wine then go to file manager in your wine menu and browse in that to setup.exe it will install fine from there.
5. Once installed if you selected to put an icon on your desktop it will show up there. It will also show up under your menu as wine/windows programs/wavelab5
6. Double Click the Wavelab5 icon your ready to roll!
NOTE: Make sure to have your souncard properly configured in pclinuxos and select either Jack or Alsa etc.. in your sound config. Make sure you set your sound config under configurator in your wine menu to what ever sound server you are using. Hence Alsa, Jack etc...