This is the version that comes in the cd. Consider upgrading to version 1.76, lots of features, vehicles were added since v1.00
What does not
The feature "Scroll View when Pointer at Screen Edge"
What was not tested
most of Chris Sawyer's games work with Wine, including Roller Coaster Tycoon and Transport Tycoon
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 7.10 "Gutsy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 19 2008||0.9.55.||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 7.04 "Feisty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 26 2008||0.9.53.||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 6.10 "Edgy" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 27 2007||0.9.37.||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux Unstable "Sid"||May 04 2007||0.9.36.||Yes||Yes||Gold||Sixsixfive|
How-to install Locomotion
For an updated version of this document(with pictures) click here.
1. Insert the disk on your cd-rom drive.
2. Open the cd
3. Right-click the setup.exe archive. Left-click WINE.
4. Wait the inicial installation screen open up. Click "NEXT".
5. The game's License Agreement will be shown. To continue you will have to accept.
6. Read the License. To continue with the installation, check the box which says "I Agree".
7. Click the â€œNEXTâ€ button.
8. Insert your cd-key number
9. Leave "complete" chosen and click â€œNEXTâ€.
10. Next screen will just confirm your choices. Click "NEXT" again.
11. Links will be added. Just click next.
12. You will be offered the option to install Gamespy for multiplayer support. I don't know if it works with WINE , so I recommend you don't install it.
13. Wait until file coping finishs. Be patient.
14. Just click "Ok" in the next screen.
15. When the coping ends you will be required to register your game's copy. Although you can register, I recommend you don't. Click "CANCEL".
16. An error message will appear. Don't worry, just click "OK" it doesn't affect anything.
17. Some options will appear. Just click finish.
18. The readme file will open up. If you meet system requirements you don't need to read it.
19. The next screen will ask for you to install Gamespy. Click cancel and then confirm.
20. Continue reading this tutorial.
21. I recommend you update your Locomotion's version to v1.76. Download it(google will show you lots of mirrors) and extract it somewhere. Right-click the executable archive and left-click WINE.
22. The following screen will show up. Click in the â€œOKâ€ button.
23. Click in the â€œOKâ€ button.
24. WINE hasn't implemented securom(It's an anti-copy protection method). This means you will have to download a "NO-CD" file to be able to play. Please remember that you may only use that file if own the game (a.k.a. bought it in stores).
25. After decompressing that "No-CD" file, overwrite the original LOCO.exe with the one you just acquired in the directory "/home/gelson/.wine/drive_c/Arquivos de programas/Atari/Locomotion" as in the example below. Replace "gelson" in the address I gave you with your username in your Linux computer. If LOCO.exe was not overwritten then you must delete it(use the no-cd file in its place).
26. All set up. Click in the created icon to play.