The installation of Sugarsync is about as good as they get with WINE. It is quick and painless with no errors visible (but there are errors) and after the file company the app starts up. Time was about 8 seconds on an older Dual Core.
The basic functionality of SugarSync works as expected, as seen from the screenshot the Magic Briefcase folder shows up in the home section of Ubuntu, and Mobile Photos shows up in the Pictures folder. Files are downloaded and Synced automatically, it does seem to be more resource hungry than the windows counterpart when download.
Switching between systems works, sharing works, folder information works, editing the Folders (including sync toggle) works, 'Open Folder' works with Wine Explorer., but [Select] button for share does.
Did not work after initial install, but did work after restarting Wine. Notifications pop-up on modifications and changes just as expected.
Previous notes say the tray-icon does not work, in this version it appears to work in as far as it displays status and opens SugarSync. Right-click functionality doesn't work (does it exist in Win version for 2.0?), The same point applies as with Notification, it did not show after initial install, only after restarting the wine server.
Menu Items (Working)
* Note: This means I went to each option and utilized the feature and found it to be working. i.e. on 'View Deleted Items' I used both tabs and the permanent delete function.
- Sugarsync: Add Folder, Share File or Folder, Add New Contact, Go to my Account, Upgrade, Get Free Storage, Search SugarSync, View Deleted Items, Reclaim Storage
- Tools: View File Transfer Status, Edit Computer Name, Unlink Device
- Tools->Preferences->General: Notifications works
- Help: Welcome Tour, Intro Video, Customer Support, Send Feedback, Send Log, About Sugarsync
What does not
Menu Items and Features (NOT WORKING)
- Tools->Open SugarSync Drive
- Tools->Preferences->General: Show Status Icons on Files and Folders.
- SugarSync Share Drive is nowhere to be found, due to driver installation.
- Drag and Drop of Files to Share Area does not work.
- See above about Tray Icon and Menu Items: Requires WineServer restart.
What was not tested
Start SugarSync when computer starts