IMPORTANT: The Navigon device must be set as a FLOPPY DISK in the wine configuration screen (drives > advanced). The drive will be visible there as /media/NAVIGON. Click Apply and keep the configuration screen open, or else the setting may undo itself. Check to see if this hasn't happened anyway if something does not work.So, what works:
- connecting to the device (but only the internal memory)
- upgrading the program from 3.3.2 to 3.4.1
- connecting to account
- upgrading maps (2nd time, 1st time was in Windows, this was when my SD card was written to)
- making a backup, except of the SD card (I prefer manual backups, restoring manually worked fine)
- checking my system (see what is installed)
- browsing the shop, and putting products into shopping basket
What does not
- IMPORTANT: The microSD card can not be accessed by Fresh. If you have
one in the device, you must remove it, in order to prevent your Navigon
device from crashing after the update (you can still do this after the
update). (Strangely, later you can re-insert it without crashing, but
there's obviously no point in doing so.) Since you can't use the card
for your update you probably will have to uncheck one or two countries
from the download list in order to make the update size meet the max.
drive space on the device (Fresh will tell you this if necessary). So,
iow, you needn't have bought the card.... :(
- safe removal of the device drive. This means you cannot close the program, but you can just (i.e. unsafely, but without problem) unplug, and then close it.
- restore backup with the microSD card still inserted (error: "Could not format") (but a manual restore is always possible)
What was not tested
- restore backup without the MicroSD card inserted
- upgrade device software (firmware)
- actual buying of products in the shop
Had already previously installed.
Device used was Navigon 40 Easy EU 23.
See important notes above.
In Wine, Windows version was set as Windows 7