PREPARE FOR YOUR FINEST HOUR Key Features
Played complete game.
Kept the following settings I set up for Medal of Honor - Allied Assault:
1. I did run a game once and then fixed the mouse bug adding the line 'seta in_mouse "-1"' at the end of the file "mohaa/main/configs/unnamedsoldier.cfg"
2. Created a new registry key in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\OpenGL] - "DisabledExtensions" with values from: bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=8249
When you want to play another game, you need to clean up that registry key with:
3. Set up ALSA as a sound system in winecfg
What does not
What was not tested
Multiuser (network) game.
Gave it gold because of some manual settings from the previous experience. -- -- Dell Vostro 1400, 14.1" Laptop Hardware -- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz Memory: 4GB Graphic Card: NVidia GeForce 8400M GS, 256 MB Screen Resolution: 1440x900 HDD: 250 GB OS: Fedora release 11 (Leonidas) Kernel: 18.104.22.168-96.fc11.x86_64
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Linux Mint 8 "Helena"||May 05 2010||1.1.43||Yes||Yes||Gold||Fred|
|Current||Fedora 11 x86_64||Nov 20 2009||1.1.30||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Arch Linux||Jan 03 2009||1.1.11||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Nordmende|
|Show||Fedora 8||Sep 06 2008||1.1.3||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Daniel Pekelharing|
Medal of honor crashes upon startup on Intel Graphics when running under Wine 1.3.
Due to Graphics Subsystem Drivers and the way it handles long extensions for OpenGL. The application fails to start.
- Open Terminal
- Enter MESA_EXTENSION_MAX_YEAR=2003 wine moh_Breakthrough.exe to run the application
- My testing shows that Medal of Honor is still incompatible with Wine 1.4 as well as Wine 1.5. You will need Wine 1.3 along with the MESA_EXTENSION parameter as I described above to run the application. Tested Multiplayer as well under Wine 1.3 - Working no problems.