Nothing. Cannot install.
What does not
What was not tested
Everything beyond the installer.
Would be great if someone new a workaround to the install issue!
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Fedora 23 x86_64||Jun 26 2016||1.9.12||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Funkster|
|Current||Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 27 2013||1.4.1||No||Not installable||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|27403||Collapsable section headers in Solidworks property manager are overdrawn, thus unusable||NEW||View|
|35374||SolidWorks 2013 fails to setup CLR 4.0 hosting, complains about unimplemented function mscoree.dll.CLRCreateInstance (.NET 3.x mscoree.dll not updated/replaced by .NET 4.0 installer)||NEW||View|
|35813||SolidWorks 2013: Crash at the beginning||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|35814||SolidWorks 2013: sldProcMon hang up||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|35873||SolidWorks 2013: INSTALLDIR instead of valid path||UNCONFIRMED||View|
by NSLW on (October 31st 2013)
1. Use recent version of Wine(tested with wine-1.7.5)
2. Download winetricks by following command
3. Install required components by following command
sh winetricks -q vcrun2010 dotnet40 mfc40 jet404. Install additional components by following command
sh winetricks -q wsh57 msxml6 riched20
*It will take some time because winetricks will download all above components
5. Set Windows version to vista by following command
sh winetricks vista
1. Go to SOLIDWORKSINTALLATIONMEDIA/swwi/data/
2. Run setup.exe
3. Configure your installation as you like and let installer copy all the files
4. You should be informed that installation ended successfully and you can proceed normally. If at the end you're informed that installation has failed do not acknowledge this because you will lose your installed files. Start your favourite terminal (e.g. Konsole, gnome-terminal, xterm) and type
The window will disappear and the installation is complete.
1. Set Windows version to xp by following command
sh winetricks winxp