I haven't tested every single feature, but it appears that everything works and displays correctly, except for the issues detailed below.
What does not
Similar to other versions, do the following on a Windows machine:
1. Run the installer, but don't continue with the installation process. Just leave thÂe window open for now.
2. While the installation window is still open, go to: C:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Ambient Design\ArtRage Studio Pro\install\ folder. (To get to the AppData folder on Windows, just type %appdata% in the Run dialog box, the Start menu search box or at the command prompt.)
3. Unlike previous instructions - in this folder will be two files, a) ArtRage Studio Pro.msi and b) holder0.aiph. Copy the ArtRage Studio Pro.msi file only to your Desktop.
4. Continue with the installation and immediately switch back to the install folder detailed in 2 above. Sometime during the install, the file disk1.cab will appear, quickly copy it to the desktop.
5. Copy both files: ArtRage Studio Pro.msi and disk1.cab, to a USB thumb drive or reboot into Linux and access the Windows Desktop folder from there.
6. Start Terminal and type: msiexec /i ~/Desktop/ArtRage\ Studio\ Pro.msi
What was not tested
Autoupdater - this was the last 3.x version so unless paying for an upgrade to 4.x this is not needed.
The program was running extremely slow particularly during painting. Turning OFF multithreading in the preferences cured this and it now runs perfectly.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 23 2013||1.7.8||No, but has workaround||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|