Unofficial community patch that adds fixes like widescreen, more characters from the Xbox version and more. It uses other executables, so I consider it an extra version.
- Installing the game through Steam
- Installing Killer App Mod and the unofficial patch
- Starting the game
- Switching to highest details
What does not
- Some of the characters have little graphical glitches
- Game needs msvcirt.dll (v5) to start
- Music works with "winetricks directmusic"
- /etc/hosts needs to be edited for online play
What was not tested
- Playing through the whole game
- Controller support
Specs: AMD Phenom X4 3 GHz, Radeon HD 6800, Mesa 10.5.4 The latest Killer App Mod can be downloaded here: http://tron-servers.net/patches/ For online play, enter this into /etc/hosts: 184.108.40.206 tron20.master.gamespy.com 220.127.116.11 tron20.ms9.gamespy.com The music works with "winetricks directmusic" and running the WMFADist.exe that comes with the game.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Linux Mint 19.1 "Tessa"||Jun 19 2019||4.0.1||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Elf Sternberg|
|Show||Slackware64 -current||Jan 11 2016||1.9.1||Yes||Yes||Gold||Danny Schmarsel|
|Current||Slackware64 -current||Jul 29 2015||1.7.48||Yes||Yes||Gold||Danny Schmarsel|
|Show||Slackware64 -current||Dec 10 2014||1.7.32||Yes||Yes||Gold||Danny Schmarsel|
|Show||Slackware64 -current||Nov 01 2014||1.7.30||Yes||Yes||Gold||Danny Schmarsel|
18.104.22.168 tron20.master.gamespy.com 22.214.171.124 tron20.ms9.gamespy.com