Most tools work as expected, including selections, adjustments, layers, brushes, filters etc.
I had these installed (suggested by beta992 for CS6):
- Winetricks; adobeair atmlib gdiplus msxml3 msxml6 vcrun2005 vcrun2008 vcrun2010
- Fonts: Windows 8/7 Fonts, Office Fonts (not required)
What does not
- Lasso tool doesn't always start selecting when I click.
- Also, "Liquify" doesn't work with graphics acceleration turned on (when you do Ctrl + K and go to 'Performance' tab, you see the option). This problem is also in CS6, but it's turned on by default in CC 2014, so you should turn it off.
- And since Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable fails to install, I'm pretty sure this affects something. I haven't seen much yet.
- Finally, the wine uninstaller fails to uninstall this, so you have to do it manually.
- I noticed some slowness in using the smudge tool too, but it works normally aside from that.
What was not tested
Advanced stuff, including 3D.
Tested 32-bit version on 32-bit prefix.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 26 2019||4.4||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||anovsiradj|
|Show||Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic" amd64 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 06 2018||3.17||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Matteo Carotta|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Apr 26 2016||1.9.8||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Linux Mint 17.3 "Rosa" x86_64||Apr 19 2016||1.9.8||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Linux Mint 17 "Qiana" x86_64||Nov 18 2014||1.7.28||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|30069||Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (MSDE 2000) Release A needs LPC for shared memory communications (NtCreatePort and friends)||NEW||View|
|35512||Adobe CC installer stalls||NEW||View|
|35513||Adobe CC installer stalls (after Bug 35512)||NEW||View|
|35732||Adobe CC (Creative Cloud) installer crashes inside msxml3||NEW||View|
|38105||Missing min/max/expand buttons, app controls & moving ability of Photoshop CS6/CC main window when unmaximized||UNCONFIRMED||View|