Everything, with workarounds.
What does not
1) Freeze and crash on exit.
2) Interface may become unresponsive when the window lose and regain the focus
3) With wine 5.16, when using dual screen, the virtual desktop spans both screens, regardless of the desktop size set in winecfg. So playing in full screen mode makes an unusable TCGO spanning both screen. This doesn't happen with 5.15 or 5.17.
1) Use Alt-F4 or close the window somehow to exit the game instead of clicking on the exit button
2) Configure a virtual desktop in winecfg.
3) Use wine 5.17, or desactivate full screen mode.
What was not tested
IPV6 support MUST be enabled on your system, or you won't be able to login (message "Servers are currently offline or your network connection is not active. Visit pokemon.com/tcgo for information on server status").
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 20.04 "Focal" (+ variants like Kubuntu)||May 22 2021||6.9||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||vleeth|
|Show||Linux Mint 20 "Ulyana"||Jan 03 2021||6.0-rc5||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Luca F.|
|Show||Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic" amd64 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 12 2020||6.0-rc1-staging||Yes||No||No||Garbage||Fakhrur Rozi|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Sep 15 2020||5.17-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Hervé Guillemet|
|Current||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Sep 03 2020||5.16-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Hervé Guillemet|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|44792||pokemon TCGO shows no image after updating from wine 3.3 to 3.4||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|45937||Magic The Gathering Arena stops accepting any input after losing and regaining focus||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|47441||Pokémon TCG Online crashes on exit||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|48121||Unity games do not fire OnApplicationFocus/OnApplicationPause events on focus regain||UNCONFIRMED||View|
If player portraits are not displaying or you are seeing tearing when zooming in on a card set d3d11 to disabled in your libraries.