1. The directory browser in the directory tab works partially: a
short list will display correctly but the scroll bar won't work for a
long list. One can navigate down the root branch '/' using this browser
2. Showing a single picture works, as well as editing that picture. One needs to click the single box (second line of icons from the top of the window) before selecting a directory in the directory browser tab.
3. The current development parameters are saved and loaded as expected when moving from one picture to the next using the left and right keys or the left and right arrow icons.
4. Developing the picture and writing the output jpeg or tiff file although one can't select the output directory since the directory browser does not work in the 'develop picture' sub-window.
5. Printing through my Turboprint driver worked as expected.
What does not
1. As said above, directory lists won't scroll in the directory browser tab even if the slider on the right moves up and down.
2. 'Open File' does not work, and the 'Open Directory' browser menu entry of Pro5 is gone in Pro6. One needs to use the directory browser tab to navigate directories.
3. The window that pops-up when developing a file is too tight and the top portion where the output directory name is displayed shows up only partly so one can just guess what directory is being used. The directory browser is disfunctional so currently the developed file will be written in the same directory as the source file.
4. The menu based controls in the various setting windows display poorly and may be difficult to operate especially if they overlap. This occurs only in Wine.
5. The small preview window at the top left is always black.
6. If showing all files in a directory, the thumbnails won't show a picture. And then when double-clicking a thumbnail the picture won't show either. However if opening the print subwindow, the thumbnail of the selected picture shows up in the print subwindow.
What was not tested
I tested all the features I typically use in Windows which include all Picture editing controls and tools such as the tone curve and the rotation.
1. The library overrides were set to either (builtin) or (builtin,native). 2. While the outer frame looked like a native Windows frame with the Maximize and Minimize buttons in Pro5 it looks like a typical X11 frame in Pro6 at this point (I am using fvwm). As a result there are often cases when the focus needs to be gained manually when sub-windows appear or disappear in Pro6. 3. I have not found a way to uninstall that program yet. This is a 'msi' install and 'wine uninstall' won't work. 'msiexec /x "progname"' won't work either. So beware.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Slackware64 -current||Mar 19 2014||1.7.12||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Show||Slackware64 14.1||Sep 10 2015||1.6.1||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|