Installing, starting, opening the "Getting Started" PDF that comes with the app.
What does not
Everything tested worked, but very little was tested.
What was not tested
Everything not mentioned above.
Giving it a silver because of extremely limited testing. This app needs winetricks dotnet35sp1 and windowscodecs installed or it will not run. No other version of .NET will work.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||openSUSE 12.3 x86_64||Apr 09 2014||1.7.16||Yes||Yes||Silver||Rosanne|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 08 2014||1.6.1||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
Note: The writer of this how-to (lafon) is recreating the steps outlined by Lukasz with a KOBO eReader. However the steps should be the same for all similar devices.
Note: Do NOT open ADE until clearly outlined in this how-to!
1) Mount your device and make note of it's mount point (This needs to be remembered exactly). For me this was /media/KOBOeReader/
2) The next step is to unmount your eReader (This is because winecfg cannot seem to keep the changes applied if the device is mounted).
3) Next open winecfg and switch to the [Drives] tab.
4) On the [Drives] tab click the "Show Advanced" button.
Note: As outlined in the comment by Kevin, WINE does not seem to have persistent drive mapping while the device is mounted. Therefore you have 2 options. Either the messy way, which is to keep the winecfg window open while ADE runs, or unmount and create a persistent entry.
5) Click the "Add" button.
6) Choose a letter to map your device to (I used "O:" because that was the only letter available to me.)
7) In the "Path" box, type the mount point from step 1.
8) In the "Type" drop-down menu, choose "Floppy disk" as the option.
9) Click "OK".
10) Open ADE. If everything went correctly ADE should ask you to authorize your eReader with your Adobe account (if you authorized your computer anonymously you will be asked to authorize your computer too). To read eBooks on your device simply drag-and-drop books from your ADE library to the entry in the left pane of ADE that corresponds with your eReader.
11) Finally remember to safely dismount your device from your computer.