Retail version and 1.01 patch.
- The introductory movie (nothing special)
- "Previously on Max Payne"
- playing the game (gameplay is perfect)
- commandline options (not that that's hard to do :P)
- Developer modes, including model changing, and progress indicators
- Custom modules
What does not
- Blending effects including hiding the HUD, getting shot/hurt, dying,
flashback-style sequences, bullet-time visual effects and the story
"player" between chapters
- Post-process effects must be disabled or the game is unplayable
- During Part 3, Prologue, at one point the screen goes entirely dark red. I suspect this is one of the blending effects. There is no way to get past this point AND see where you're going
- Surround sound mode (can't hear Max in-game)
- Mirror refections cause an apparent graphics lock-up. This is a regression that was last seen prior to Wine's 2005 May release.
What was not tested
Nothing I can think of.
Use the Loki installer.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Linux Mint 17.2 "Rafaela"||Jan 26 2016||1.8||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Manjaro Linux||May 04 2015||1.7.40||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Arch Linux||Apr 13 2014||1.7.12||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Jan 26 2013||1.5.22||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 7.x "Wheezy" x86_64||Oct 20 2012||1.5.15||N/A||Yes||Platinum||Joseph Kogut|