- The installshield installer works
What does not
- A few errors are throws during the setup (a win16 mutex that times out, and an icon that fails to extract). This doesn't affect the rest of the game though.
- multiplayer mode doesn't work (`Fehler beim Starten von DirectPlay, error 3')
- The intro movies (which look expensive and don't have anything to do with the rest of the game) are sometimes skipped
- Joystick works, but calibrating just brings up a black screen
What was not tested
Game ran in Xephyr window, with windows 95 compatibility mode. I've tested the German (original) version of the game.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Debian GNU/Linux 8.x "Jessie" x86_64||Aug 17 2014||1.6.2||Yes||Yes||Silver||Bill Carson|
* If the required screen resolution and color mode is not available, the game will hang after the intro movie. As always, Xephyr can help in this case.
* If the CD is not present, only a network-mode game can be started (which doesn't work). You can find a NoCD patch on the internet though.
* If all should fail, your other options are:
- The install cd also includes a dos4gw version of the same game. This game runs in dosbox. Support for this version can be found on: http://www.dosbox.com/comp_list.php?showID=2499
- The PSX version of this game (if you can find a copy) runs fine in any modern emulator (PCSX, etc.). This version can also be found under the name "Marble Master"
- A free java remake can be found on the internet under the name "XSwing"