Adobe Flash Player Projector 184.108.40.206 is the current (as of December 16, 2014) stable release of the Standalone Projector.
All aspects of the application function except local applications which have to reach out to other locations than the working directory for their data.
What does not
What was not tested
Getting the application to function with external data locations for accessing the application (requires setting changes).
Like in Windows, if your Flash app being run needs to reach out to the internet for any reason you will need to change the security settings inside of the Flash player (the "Global Settings" window - this looks like it no longer functions inside of Wine, but I have to go digging to debug it)
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 02 2015||1.7.33||N/A||Yes||Gold||Thomas W.|
|Show||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 17 2014||1.7.32||N/A||Yes||Platinum||Thomas W.|
|Show||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 21 2014||1.7.31||N/A||Yes||Platinum||Thomas W.|
1. Install "Main Menu" from your Distro's Software Center. (If it didn't already come Pre Installed)
2. Launch "Main Menu", and Minimize it.
3. Open the EXE of Adobe Flash Player Projector using the Wine Windows Program Loader.
4. Load a SWF File, just to Run.
5.Switch back to Main Menu and check under the "Other" Category; You should see Flash Plash Player Appear.
6. Check the Last Entry of the Projector, for Example "Adobe Flash Player 16.0 r0".
7. Uncheck the "Other" Menu to remove it from the Menu List. (Optional, but do it; the Projector doesn't Launch from the Menu anyways)
8. Close the Main Menu program.
9. Right-Click, SWF file and go to Properties, select the "Open With" tab. Then click the Flash Player's Radio Button. (Apply Settings if needed, then Close the "Properties" window)
10. Double-Click a SWF file to see if it will Open in the Flash Player Projector.
11. Finally, after it Loads you can Close everything, or play the SWF Game if you want.