|Latest Wine Version Tested:||3.8|
Maintainers: About Maintainership
No maintainers. Volunteer today!
Everything seems fine.
What does not
The installation was a little bit of a pain.
This a more detailed update of this report https://appdb.winehq.org/objec... (which can be safely removed)
The installation was a bit of a pain, as the installation process got stuck few times and
I had to try multiple times before managing to make it install and run properly.
So here are the steps I did to install the game:
1. Create initial wine configuration. I used WINEARCH=win32 because USFIV needs wmp9 (for
game videos) which is available in winetricks but only for 32 bits
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=path/to/prefix wineboot
2. Set windows XP (I haven't tried other windows versions)
3. Install steam + dependencies required by USFIV
WINEPREFIX=path/to/prefix winetricks corefonts
WINEPREFIX=path/to/prefix winetricks steam
WINEPREFIX=path/to/prefix winetricks d3dx9_43
WINEPREFIX=path/to/prefix winetricks vcrun2008
WINEPREFIX=path/to/prefix winetricks vcrun2015
WINEPREFIX=path/to/prefix winetricks devenum
WINEPREFIX=path/to/prefix winetricks quartz
WINEPREFIX=path/to/prefix winetricks wmp9
4. Install USFIV:
- Run steam (always run wine steam with -no-cef-sandbox otherwise you won't see STORE, COMMUNITY ans user tabs)
- From Steam install USFIV. After the installation do not run the game immediately, exit steam instead (actually it would be better to create a USFIV backup before exiting, in case something goes wrong during the installation, this way you don't need to download the game again)
- Install the packages that comes with the game:
WINEPREFIX=path/to/prefix wine "$(WINEPREFIX)/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition/_CommonRedist/vcredist/2010/vcredist_x86.exe"
WINEPREFIX=path/to/prefix wine "$(WINEPREFIX)/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition/_CommonRedist/DirectX/Jun2010/DXSETUP.exe"
- start steam again and this time run USFIV, which should run fine
- If the game doesn't start try disinstalling/reinstalling USFIV multiple times until it runs fine
5. Fix the joystick, which is recognized as 2 devices
The fight stick was recognized twice: event, and js. The game was using one for player 1, and the second for player 2, which is an issue since it's the same stick. I disabled one of them in the control panel, by running the command below :
WINEPREFIX=path/to/prefix wine control joy.cpl
What was not tested
Uploads to YouTube
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic" amd64 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 09 2018||3.8||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Andre Lima|
|Current||Linux Mint 18.3 "Sylvia" x86_64||Feb 16 2018||3.0||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Luca|
|Show||Linux Mint 18.3 "Sylvia" x86_64||Feb 13 2018||3.0||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Luca|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Jul 02 2017||2.11||Yes||Yes||Gold||Justin Soulia|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Oct 20 2016||1.9.20||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|