Version range: 0.9.0 (2014-04-16) - 0.9.22.0.1 (2018.02.14)
For further details, see: Older World of Tanks versions.
Almost everything is running properly out of the box.
Compared to Playonlinux script, I modified few things :
- Wine version used : 2.8.
- Display : everything set to default (when setting the right amount of RAM on my graphic card, it crashes).
- After having installed WoT, I installed also directx : d3dx9.
What does not
Some minor bugs :
- During Install, sometimes launcher crashes during an update, even with torrent protocol disactivated. Just relaunch it.
- When launching, just after clicking on "PLAY" in launcher, a crash windows
- In garage : clicking on "buy gold" does not launch the net browser
- In game :
What was not tested
Not tested with additionnal mods.
In game performance are lower than in Windows, but remains quite good. With Vsync, I am always at 60fps with medium settings. PC is composed of i7 4770k, GTX970 with 4Gb, and 16Gb DDRAM. installed on SSD 240Gb. Installed on Xubuntu 16.04.1
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Fedora 28 x86_64||Jul 15 2018||3.12-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Dawei|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Jan 14 2018||3.3||Yes||Yes||Yes||Silver||ZenAnonX|
|Show||Ubuntu 17.10 "Artful" amd64 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 02 2018||3.2||Yes||Yes||Yes||Silver||Daniel|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Feb 24 2018||3.2||Yes||No||Yes||Garbage||Baustein|
|Show||Linux Mint 18.3 "Sylvia" x86_64||Jan 26 2018||3.0||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Alin|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|25760||After uninstall of World of Tanks, its .desktop file still resides in the menu||NEW||View|
|28282||Sound constantly crackling in lot of games||STAGED||View|
|41692||World of Tanks crashes instantly on start with OSSv4 on wine 1.9.17||UNCONFIRMED||View|
|43136||WoT newest version 9.19(World of Tanks) cuts the screen off||UNCONFIRMED||View|