- Choosing new scenarios
- Loading new scenarios
- All fundamental aspects of the game, including track laying, train monitoring, stock market, etc.
- Map editor
- Anything done with left-click
- Moving map; however, it is a bit shaky.
What does not
- Right-clicking the map for information is finicky. The information does not always show up upon right-clicking.
- Screen frames may not update when a large switch takes place (i.e, from the opening cutscene -> main menu; or; game may inexplicably pause when end-of-year book log appears). Surprisingly, right-clicking the screen forces the frame to update. Use of this method is important when the game seems to freeze for no reason. This is incredibly important when reaching the main menu after initially loading the game, as the screen may remain black for several minutes with the rail cursor.
What was not tested
This edition of Railroad Tycoon II Platinum can be found on Steam.