|License:||Free to use|
|Latest Wine Version Tested:||6.7|
Maintainers: About Maintainership
No maintainers. Volunteer today!
1. Almost everything in functionality works, including extensions and GMGreen theme that was broken on all previous tests.
2. Exporting project to Windows and HTML5.
What does not
1. Non-Steam version.
2. RSS Feed is broken on the first launch.
3. Testing on debug mode (memory access violation error)
4. Testing games on HTML5 mode using built-in web server.
5. Exporting to all other platforms beside of Windows and HTML5.
1. Only use 64-bit.
2. (Recommened) Create a new WinePrefix for the program.
3. Always use virtual desktop, or the program will mess up with your desktop manager.
3. Install 'dotnet35sp1' with Winetricks with '--force' option.
4. Install Steam.
5. Create a shell script to launch GM:S with supported parameters, including -no-dwrite -no browser
For example: WINEPREFIX=/LOCATION/OF/YOUR/WINEPREFIX wine "/LOCATION/OF/YOUR/STEAM/FOLDER/steam.exe" -no-dwrite -no-browser -applaunch
6. (Recommended) Also create a shell script to kill the program when it hangs or stop working.
For example: WINEPREFIX=/LOCATION/OF/YOUR/WINEPREFIX wineserver -k
What was not tested
1. Exporting to all other platforms, since they are deprecated so no point to test anyway.
1. Non-Steam version never passes the installation stage.
2. On the launch there will be .NET Framework installation error, but the program works anyway.
3. Every time on the launch, you should swap target platform option between two platforms to make sure GMAssetCompiler is set properly (sometimes it will be broken because of parser bug on .NET with Wine)
3. Sometimes there will be some memory access violation, which is also happen on Windows but Wine does occur more often. Don't panic, just save your work, quit the program and relaunch again.
4. Encoding on Wine is very broken on every version of Wine with .NET Framework, so every time you upgrade version of Wine, make sure you have exported the package to .gmz to prevent broken code saving diaster.
5. This does not apply to any other forked Wine projects, including Proton, so don't take this measure if you are in.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Manjaro Linux||May 11 2021||6.7||Yes||Yes||Yes||Silver||Nate|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Jan 13 2020||5.0-rc4||Yes||Yes||Yes||Garbage||Scott Blacklock|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Sep 04 2017||2.14||Yes||No||No||Garbage||Jazz|
|Show||Slackware64 14.2 multilib||Jan 01 2017||2.0-rc3||Yes||No||Garbage||Shin Coldfire|
|Show||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 12 2015||1.6.2||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
Comments for this application have been disabled because there are no maintainers.