Anno 1701, v1.04 and includes the Sunken Dragon addon, v2.03.
- basically everything, out of the box
- all the singleplayer stuff, that means the tutorials, the scenarios, the campaign, skirmish, save/load game, all game features
- the map editor
- main game and addon can be run independently of each other and both run fine and stable
What does not
- there exist slight problems with certain graphics settings
- water refraction causes everything that should be refracted to be highly pixelated
- 16x anti-aliasing causes stripes in the gui (looks similar to those caused by a broken printer) but lower anti-aliasing runs fine
- on all anti-aliasing settings (except for "none"), the pictures in the Annopedia (the ingame encyclopedia) are missing
- there was a mobile game for phones as well when this game came out, in which the player could collect thalers and then afterwards transfer those thalers to the normal PC game, but if the button to transfer the thalers gets clicked now, the game freezes
What was not tested
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 07 2019||4.0||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||psofiterol|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Apr 28 2018||3.7||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Daniel Berger|
|Show||macOS 10.12 "Sierra"||Jan 14 2018||2.22||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||SL|
|Current||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 12 2017||2.2||Yes||Yes||Gold||Wanderer|
|Show||macOS 10.12 "Sierra"||Nov 04 2016||1.9.22||Yes||No||Garbage||blackbird|
To start the game you cannot do:
It will only give you a black screen.
You must use this command to start the game correctly:
env WINEPREFIX="/path/to/annoWinePrefix" wine C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe /Unix "/path/to/annoWinePrefix/drive_c/GOG Games/Anno 1701 AD/Anno1701.exe"
The command can be put in a desktop shortcut for convenience.
Aternatively the game can also be started correctly, if you cd into the install directory first.
Bash Script to start the game:
cd "/path/to/annoWinePrefix/drive_c/GOG Games/Anno 1701 AD/"
env WINEPREFIX="/path/to/annoWinePrefix" wine Anno1701.exe