During installation Wine needs to be configured to Windows 7, but the application will not run unless Wine is running under Windows XP mode after installation.
Native versions of MSVCP120.DLL and MSVCR120.DLL need to be installed in the appropriate system directories as installation of the Visual C++ 2013 packages do not install the .dll's properly. Configure overrides for both of these .dll's to "native".
1. Use the Wine Configuration tool "winecfg" to set the Windows Edition to Windows 7
2. Install Kontakt
3. Obtain the .dll's from an existing Windows installation, or from a dll site such as www.dll-files.com
4. Place the .dll's in the following directories:
a. 64 bit .dlls go into /home/username/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32
b. 32 bit .dlls go into /home/username/.wine/drive_c/windows/syswow64
5. Use the Wine Configuration tool "winecfg" to set the override for the .dll's to be set as "native"
6. Use the Wine Configuration tool "winecfg" to set the Windows Edition to Windows XP
7. Run Kontakt