Be sure you install and update wine according to those instructions:
Be sure wine is in version above 5, also install latest winetricks (as tool that will be needed to some modifications of wine environment)
- full gameplay
- game could suddenly shut down, but it happens in the same way as under Windows (7 and 10) at same machine (mostly after period of long inactivity in game, or after one 'alt+tab' to far)
What does not
- login screen, due the lack of core fonts it could be impossible to simply 'sign up' to a game, using winetricks you must install "core fonts": select the default wineprefix (or that one you create for SSO) -> Install a font -> corefonts. That should solve problem.
- it's looks like there is an option for game to use notification in Windows, just ignore that error, I'm not even sure if such notification can work in any under Kubuntu.
- winetricks to install corefonts
- in case of problem (lags, low fps) with integrated graphic cards (such as IntelHD) use winetricks to manipulate your card settings. Good ideas: (could work, but you must simply check effects of those settings, and check one by a time)
What was not tested
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic" amd64 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 21 2020||5.0.3||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Alex Brandtner|
|Show||Ubuntu 20.04 "Focal" (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 08 2020||5.21||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Mark|
|Show||Ubuntu 20.04 "Focal" (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 27 2020||5.20||Yes||No||No||Garbage||Mark|
|Show||Pop!_OS 19.04||Jan 27 2020||5.0||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Mitch|
|Show||Linux Mint 18.1 "Serena" x86_64||Jul 06 2019||4.12||Yes||No||No||Garbage||Odisej|
I use Pop!_OS, a derivative of Ubuntu.
I install Wine and Wine64. I think installed PlayOnLinux (just because it makes life easier) and Winetricks.
1. Created SSO 64 bit WINE container through PlayOnLinux.
2. env WINEARCH="win64" WINEPREFIX="/home/mitch/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/SSO" bash winetricks
3. Then selected default prefix
4. Selected Install Font.
5. Selected corefonts... let it do its thing.