- Installation of the game, changing resolution
- Singleplayer (Missions and Skirmish both work)
- Multiplayer (Hosting and Joining both work)
What does not
- Alt-tabbing does not work 100%
- Rendering of objects does not work 100%
- The game uses the Unreal engine, and it has a problem in Wine. Sometimes the game does not start the first time you try.
What was not tested
- Multiplayer across different LAN's. (You probably need a VPN for this)
- The editor appears to work, but I am not a map creator, so I only started it to see if that works.
- Alt-tabbing causes the start panel (xfce4panel) to overlap the game. However, the game still works flawlessly. - Sometimes cars and other objects are rendered as if there is no light source present. Making them appear very dark. Multiplayer works fine on LAN! Even when Windows computers are participating. Rating gold because of the dark cars glitch and game-start bug.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 8.x "Jessie" x86_64||May 21 2017||2.8||Yes||Yes||Gold||Centrino|
|Show||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jul 02 2016||1.9.13||Yes||Yes||Gold||Centrino|
|Current||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 20 2015||1.6.2||Yes||Yes||Gold||Centrino|
The game uses the Unreal engine, and it shares the same bug in Wine with it.
It is possible that the game does not start the first time you try, but instead just crashes.
To me it seems kind of random, but more chance of it happening after you've shutdown the game and then try to start it.
How to fix this? Well I don't know about a "true" fix, but an easy one is to just open a console in the game folder, execute wine MobileForces.exe, and if it crashes or hangs, just press CTRL+C and try again.
If you started the game previously (by double clicking) and it did crash, it is possible that the process will eat your CPU away in the background. This should not happen if you launch it through a terminal, as you can always terminate the game safely.