- Installation of the game, changing resolution
- Singleplayer (Missions and Skirmish both work)
- Multiplayer (Hosting and Joining both work)
What does not
- Rendering of cars is still dark almost 100% of the time
- The game uses the Unreal engine, and it has a problem in Wine. Sometimes the game does not start the first time you try.
What was not tested
- The minor alt-tabbing problems appears to have been fixed! The game alt-tabs perfectly now. - Cars and other objects are unfortunately still rendered as if there is no light source present. Making them appear very dark. Rating gold because of the dark cars glitch and game-start bug.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 8.x "Jessie" x86_64||May 21 2017||2.8||Yes||Yes||Gold||Centrino|
|Current||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jul 02 2016||1.9.13||Yes||Yes||Gold||Centrino|
|Show||Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 20 2015||1.6.2||Yes||Yes||Gold||Centrino|
The game uses the Unreal engine, and it shares the same bug in Wine with it.
It is possible that the game does not start the first time you try, but instead just crashes.
To me it seems kind of random, but more chance of it happening after you've shutdown the game and then try to start it.
How to fix this? Well I don't know about a "true" fix, but an easy one is to just open a console in the game folder, execute wine MobileForces.exe, and if it crashes or hangs, just press CTRL+C and try again.
If you started the game previously (by double clicking) and it did crash, it is possible that the process will eat your CPU away in the background. This should not happen if you launch it through a terminal, as you can always terminate the game safely.