Microsoft Bookshelf, was a very good brief dictionary. Very useful to small computers.
This software had two versions:
1) From an install CD (pay version).
2) From the MS Office 97 Professional install CD (bundled version).
I will talk about this last version.
To run the software, you have to:
1) Put the MS Office 97 Pro CD into your CD/DVD internal or external player.
2) Open your System File Manager.
3) Copy the CD folders: "aamsstp" and "books" into your system ".wine\drive_c:" folder.
4) Create a desktop shortcut with the name "Microsoft Bookshelf" (don't forget to specificate the "wine" necessary parameters).
5) The software doesn't need an installation process. It runs directly from the "bssee.exe" file.
You can see all the words definitions and all the images (photographs and diagrams).
You can see and play the graphical animations, without sounds (see the next section).
What does not
No sounds at all. You can't hear the words spelling and/or audios.
No video at all.Please, see the "Extra comments" section.
What was not tested
The software asks for an specific MS Windows component, which isn't present in WineHQ, to play the videos and sounds. Also, this component was out of the main MS Windows installations since Windows Vista.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 15.10 "Wily" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 02 2016||1.9.0||N/A||Yes||Bronze||Juan|
|Current||Ubuntu 15.10 "Wily" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jan 01 2016||1.9.0||N/A||Yes||Bronze||Juan|