The Sims 4.
Installation works and launch works without instant-crash when adding msvcr120.dll override (needs vcrun2013 install through winetricks to provide the necessary dll!) - however, then it instantly stops with an error box with this text: "Unable to start: Origin is currently not running. Please make sure that Origin is running before attempting ot play The Sims(TM) 4 [d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000:00000000]"
What does not
- msvcr120.dll crash which needs winetricks vcrun2013 install
- DRM doesn't work (hence game ultimately won't launch)
- msvcr120.dll crash which needs winetricks vcrun2013 install as a workaround
- no known workaround for the DRM crash
What was not tested
- anything in the actual game, since it doesn't launch
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Manjaro Linux||Nov 16 2020||5.20-staging||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Steven|
|Show||KDE Neon 5.18||Sep 12 2020||5.17||No, but has workaround||Yes||Yes||Silver||Alex Lowe|
|Show||Ubuntu 20.04 "Focal" (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Aug 20 2020||5.0.2||Yes||Yes||Yes||Silver||Tyson Roberts|
|Show||Fedora 32 x86_64||Jul 21 2020||5.12-staging||Yes||No||No||Garbage||Jonas Thiem|
|Show||Gentoo Linux x86_64||Aug 04 2020||5.0.1||Yes||No||Yes||Garbage||PhobosK|