- installing latest version from Adobe (4.5.10)
- authorizing the computer
- opening directly in ADE an acsm file downloaded from my library
website, for ADE to download automatically the corresponding ebook
- connecting an ebook reader to ADE
- authorizing the ebook reader with ADE
- transfering the ebook from ADE to the reader
What does not
I used existing workarounds from previous versions, but skipping some steps, for the following:
connecting and using an ereader
- I used a clean Wine prefix, but I didn't make it 32 bit.
- I installed winbind using the package manager (Synaptic)
- I used the latest 4.5.10 version from Adobe worked
- I used winetricks:
winetricks corefonts dotnet40
- Then I started the Adobe installer normally.
Connecting an ereader:
mount the reader
in drives, click on the drive corresponding to the mounted reader, then show details for this drive>
setup the drive as "floppy disk"
apply (I left this window open)
the reader should show up
(I used a Kobo Aura)
What was not tested
Anything I didn't describe above.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Current||Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic" i386 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Feb 02 2020||5.0||No, but has workaround||Yes||Yes||Silver||Eyal|
|Show||Ubuntu 18.04 "Bionic" amd64 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Sep 12 2019||4.0.2||No, but has workaround||Yes||Yes||Silver||Mael Le Guen|
|Show||Fedora 29 x86_64||Jan 20 2019||4.0-rc6-staging||No, but has workaround||Yes||Yes||Silver||Andy|
|Show||Ubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic" amd64 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 10 2018||4.0-rc1-staging||No, but has workaround||Yes||Yes||Gold||Raffaele Mancuso|
|Show||Ubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic" amd64 (+variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 27 2018||3.0.4||Yes||Yes||Yes||Gold||Lennart|