Works fine. All features that worked on Windows 7/8/8.1/10, work on Ubuntu 16.04, such as:
- Video/audio/input emulation (MAME). Gaming experience at full speed/fps if ROM/CHD is a good dump and MAME has compatibility.
- GUI emulation (wine).
- Emulation speed (MAME).
- All video modes (OpenGL, Direct3D, GDI, BGFX and Auto)
- Triple Buffering.
- Game video/sound recording in AVI/WAV container.
- Record/Listen game music with M1FX 10.5.
- "Save current game list" feature (in a TXT file).
- "Save current ROM list" feature (in a TXT file).
- ROM Auditing is now lightning fast. Don't forget to enable it in: Options --> Interface Settings --> Main Window Settings. Check "Enable new faster Audit All Games method".
- "Record game MNG video" feature. Press Shift+F12 key combination while playing to start recording, press Shift+F12 again to stop. GUI button records from start to end of gameplay session, unless Shift+F12 is pressed.
Note: ProgettoSnaps MP4 Movie clips can be downloaded individualy here or in sets here.
What does not
- "View ZIP file content" feature in contextual menu doesn't work in WINE yet.
- "Play ProgettoSnaps MP4 Movie" feature. MAMEUIFX gives this error message:
There is no application associated with the given filename extension. Path:Â 'Z:\[complete_path_to_mp4_files_with_backslashes]\[romname].mp4'Â
Note: This MP4 files cannot be viewed with MAMEUIFX in Wine yet, but you can watch them with your favorite media player outside a Wine environment.
What was not tested
- "Play game MNG video" feature.
- "Record game INP input" feature.
- "Play game INP input" feature.
- Direct3D and GDI video modes.