- Using the GOG installer, an error message appears near the end, but installation completes successfully despite of that;
- Launching the game, everything seems to work fine, video resolution can be changed, as well as other graphical options;
- Starting the game, the introduction cutscene works perfectly, but nothing after that.
What does not
- A loading screen after the introduction cutscene freezes, or if it doesn't, the game starts in a glitched mode:
* The left of the screen has graphical glitches;
* Some buildings and part of a street are rendered, but walking a bit leads to some weird artifacts;
* There are just a few NPCs standing in a corner and nothing can be done with them other than feeding on them and killing them (they do not react in any way);
* Trying to open a door (the only one that can be opened) makes the game crash.
In other words, the game is unplayable.
What was not tested
Intel i3 CPU with Intel® HD Graphics 4400 Also tried using a custom-compiled version of Wine 1.9.6 (which worked perfectly for Ultima IX, fixing the bug present there), and got the same results as when using the default wine package in Linux Mint 17. Tried several different graphical configurations, using options such as "-game Unofficial_Patch", "-console" to skip intro, etc., but besides different graphical glitches, the results were always the same: unplayable.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 8.x "Jessie" x86_64||Mar 06 2018||2.0.4||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Kopetan4egX|
|Show||Fedora 25 x86_64||Jun 19 2017||2.9-staging||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Daniel|
|Show||Fedora 24 x86_64||Oct 16 2016||1.9.20||Yes||Yes||Bronze||an anonymous user|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux 8.x "Jessie" x86_64||Sep 20 2016||1.9.16||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|
|Show||Linux Mint 18 "Sarah" x86_64||Aug 20 2016||1.9.16||Yes||Yes||Platinum||an anonymous user|