-The entire game works near flawlessly, with expansion packs.
-Graphics are rendered perfect.
-Sound effects work fine.
-Performance is near that of windows when pixel shaders are disabled.
-Have given it extensive testing and playing, never encountered any problems.
What does not
-Music, it fails to load the the sound files, causing the game to quit. In order to play the game I have to delete the "Music" Folder.
-The minimap is completely black, and character portrait does not show up.
-When pixel shaders are enable, water is invisible, and performance is considerably worse.
-Game locks up when trying to change in game controls, controls can only be changed by modifying the .ini files.
What was not tested
-Actual installer, I used the loki installer off http://www.liflg.org
-TES construction set
Am running on this system: -AMD Athlon 3000+ -ATI Radeon X1600 Pro drivers 8.28 -1GB ram I get 40-60 FPS indoors and 25-50 FPS outdoors, loading times are5-10 seconds at the most.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 29 2019||4.18||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||consolelogger|
|Show||Linux Mint 14 "Nadia"||Nov 22 2013||1.7.6||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Booman|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 19 2013||1.7.4||Yes||Yes||Bronze||mx2|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Feb 03 2013||1.5.22||Yes||Yes||Gold||P. Neidhardt|
|Show||Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 24 2012||1.5.16||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Dale|
2014-11-14 Admin note: the following was extracted from a user comment made on November 9th 2013, and may not be relevant to current Wine.
About windows getting minimized, the workaround is pretty simple : the MenuStates of the .ini file is reset everytime you launch the game, which causes it to define minimized windows. What you need to do is chmod it to read-only (chmod 444 does the trick) after having changed the MenuStates parameters to suitable window sizes.
I got it to work with around 50 mods, the thing is the .ini file needs to update the modlist, so you first need to run Morrowind with a writable .ini file (chmod 644 works like a charm), then you can kill the process immediately afterwards (wineserver -k after Ctrl+Alt+F1 for instance), chmod the .ini to 444 after checking the MenuStates section is still well and about, and launch the game !