Installed just fine.
To fix Ragdoll from being upside down I had to apply the following registry settings.
Had trouble running the nocd patch so I didn't have to put the CD in to play. The nocd patch is a COM executable so here's how you run it. First copy BM161820.COM to the installed directory ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Bethesda Softworks/Morrowind. Then open the Wine Command Prompt with the command "wineconsole cmd" and run the following command sequence:
cd \Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind
copy Morrowind.exe Morrowind.exe.bak
copy Morrowind.exe morrow~2.exe
copy morrow~2.exe Morrowind.exe
The reason why you had to copy Morrowind.exe to morrow~2.exe is because the Wine Command Prompt doesn't support the Windows DOS short file naming convention format. That COM executable is a DOS executable file.
Retested everything again after upgrading to the latest Wine and everything else runs well. It seems I don't have those little lines in the water anymore either.
What does not
nothing that was tested
What was not tested
I found the registry fix for the Ragdoll from another users test data but instead I applied it to just the game Morrowind.exe rather than applying those settings globally to all games. NOTE: The Ragdoll is the little character figure in your inventory
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan" (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 29 2019||4.18||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||consolelogger|
|Show||Linux Mint 14 "Nadia"||Nov 22 2013||1.7.6||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Booman|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 19 2013||1.7.4||Yes||Yes||Bronze||mx2|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Feb 03 2013||1.5.22||Yes||Yes||Gold||P. Neidhardt|
|Show||Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 24 2012||1.5.16||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Dale|
2014-11-14 Admin note: the following was extracted from a user comment made on November 9th 2013, and may not be relevant to current Wine.
About windows getting minimized, the workaround is pretty simple : the MenuStates of the .ini file is reset everytime you launch the game, which causes it to define minimized windows. What you need to do is chmod it to read-only (chmod 444 does the trick) after having changed the MenuStates parameters to suitable window sizes.
I got it to work with around 50 mods, the thing is the .ini file needs to update the modlist, so you first need to run Morrowind with a writable .ini file (chmod 644 works like a charm), then you can kill the process immediately afterwards (wineserver -k after Ctrl+Alt+F1 for instance), chmod the .ini to 444 after checking the MenuStates section is still well and about, and launch the game !