- Installing the game and addons
- Applying the unofficial code patch (v1.9)
- Playing the game
- Load and save games
- MGE Distant land (generating and using)
What does not
- Changing controls via settings menu -> freeze
- Ingame NPC "Dialog Boxes" are "minimized" in the upper left corner, you have to change the size via mouse every time to read them.
What was not tested
- Playing the whole game
- MGE: Shaders, Remapping, Hooks
- GOTY users have to remount the CD to unhide hidden files. (e.g. sudo mount -o remount,unhide /media/Morrowind) - When installing mods pay attention that files do not coexists in upper/ lowercase! This causes Morrowind to crash. Morrowind Graphics Extender how to: - 64bit OS users have to use 32bit wineprefix (WINEARCH='win32')! - Start with a clean 32 bit wineprefix. - Use winetricks and install d3dx9_36 and dotnet20 (don't install directx9!). - Open winecfg and set d3d9.all and dinput8.dll to "(Native, Builtin)". - Use a MGE version patched for wine (details in this thread: http://sourceforge.net/p/morrgraphext/discussion/866295/thread/422538db/).
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 29 2019||4.18||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||consolelogger|
|Show||Linux Mint 14 "Nadia"||Nov 22 2013||1.7.6||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Booman|
|Current||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Oct 19 2013||1.7.4||Yes||Yes||Bronze||mx2|
|Show||Arch Linux x86_64||Feb 03 2013||1.5.22||Yes||Yes||Gold||P. Neidhardt|
|Show||Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Dec 24 2012||1.5.16||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Dale|
2014-11-14 Admin note: the following was extracted from a user comment made on November 9th 2013, and may not be relevant to current Wine.
About windows getting minimized, the workaround is pretty simple : the MenuStates of the .ini file is reset everytime you launch the game, which causes it to define minimized windows. What you need to do is chmod it to read-only (chmod 444 does the trick) after having changed the MenuStates parameters to suitable window sizes.
I got it to work with around 50 mods, the thing is the .ini file needs to update the modlist, so you first need to run Morrowind with a writable .ini file (chmod 644 works like a charm), then you can kill the process immediately afterwards (wineserver -k after Ctrl+Alt+F1 for instance), chmod the .ini to 444 after checking the MenuStates section is still well and about, and launch the game !