WineHQ

MusicBee



MusicBee 3 is a redesign of the user interface.

Application Details:

Version: 3.x
License:
URL: http://www.getmusicbee.com/
Votes: 2
Latest Rating: Gold
Latest Wine Version Tested: 7.13

Maintainers: About Maintainership

Free Download Main page

Test Results

Old test results
The test results you have selected are very old and may not represent the current state of Wine.
Selected Test Results

What works

Everything I tested:

  • adding music
  • playing music
  • adding libraries
  • manipulating layout
  • converting files to MP3

What does not

Nothing I am aware of.

Workarounds

What was not tested

Ripping/burning/playing from CDs

Hardware tested

Graphics:

  • GPU:
  • Driver:

Additional Comments

Basic Installation steps: - create clean 32-bit wineprefix - set windows version to Windows 7 - remove wine-mono (if it was installed - it will cause the installation to fail) - do NOT install .net 4.0 yourself, let MusicBee install it for you (you may have to uninstall it an reinstall it yourself later) - run the installer and follow instructions Issue: "Failure to parse machine.config" on startup: - uninstall the .net 4.0 that MusicBee installed, and reinstall it yourself (via "winetricks dotnet40") Issue: MusicBee crashes when attempting to access the "File Converters" section of preferences: - just remove C:\Program Files\MusicBee\basswma.dll" - I renamed it to "basswma.dll.bak" Notes: - I like to map my base music folder (I have multiple libraries) to it's own drive. This makes it simple to ensure that I am using the same path for files everywhere in the application. Otherwise I found myself accidentally using multiple paths, which was causing MusicBee to try to reorganize files to their current location (but via different path) and so adding "_1" to the end of the filename.

selected in Test Results table below
Operating systemTest dateWine versionInstalls?Runs?Used
Workaround?
RatingSubmitter
ShowopenSUSE Tumbleweed (rolling release)Aug 04 20227.13Yes Yes YesGoldPaul Rafferty 
ShowEndeavourOSNov 22 20216.22Yes Yes NoSilverngoomie 
ShowEndeavourOSOct 21 20216.18Yes Yes YesBronzengoomie 
ShowLinux Mint 19.1 TessaFeb 21 20194.0Yes Yes YesBronzeKiraTM 
ShowUbuntu 17.10 "Artful" amd64 (+variants like Kubuntu)Apr 01 20183.0Yes Yes YesGoldEonfge 

Known Bugs

Bug # Description Status Resolution Other apps affected
51538 Multiple games fail to launch from NTFS partitions after Linux 5.13 RESOLVED NOTOURBUG View
52078 MusicBee: exception when attempting to drag tabs ( (QueryInterface for the interface with IID '{83E07D0D-0C5F-4163-BF1A-60B274051E40}' gives Exception E_NOINTERFACE)) NEW View
53019 MusicBee: inconsistent CJK/non-Latin support with Tahoma, no support on any other font. UNCONFIRMED View

Show all bugs

Comments

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.

Things that were not tested
by KiraTM on Thursday October 21st 2021, 11:41
Hey, just to give some additional info. I'm still using the installation of MusicBee I set up here a few years ago: appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=33888&iTestingId=105161
I switched to the WINE 6 in the meantime and kept MusicBee up-to-date.

- Encoding music is working without issues (I mostly convert flac to mp3).
- Syncing to devices does not work (through MTP) - I played around this topic for several weeks and ended up syncing through Windows whenever I boot up the OS
-- however, you can sync to a folder ("virtual device") and rsync this directory to your phone

The most recent version 3.4.7805 is working for me. As mentioned, I set up the software a few years ago and just updated the program through the installer from the forum. :)
RE: Things that were not tested
by ngoomie on Tuesday November 23rd 2021, 1:35
I ended up getting the most recent version working too -- apparently the issue was I didn't have the right version of .NET installed when I thought I definitely did...oops. I even somehow managed to get it working with *the wrong version of .NET* for a little while by manually extracting 3.4.7805 over my initial install, though now I actually have the correct version of .NET installed lol
Thank you for the comment!
Back