With some tweaks, everything I've tested - saving, videos, loading, moving between ages. Gameplay is smooth.
What does not
I've had it randomly crash once so far, but not reliably or in any specific repeatable place that I've noticed. Always good to save often.
What was not tested
Playing the game to the end (yet)
The winetricks installer for the indeo codecs (winetricks -q icodecs) didn't work (I downloaded the latest version, and it just 404'd). Running the installer manually also didn't work for me (it seemed to freeze while "Looking for Netscape installations", even after unchecking the Netscape filter), but I was able to extract the DLLs from the installer manually, put them in System32, and use regsvr32 to register them, after which the videos worked flawlessly.
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Linux Mint 18.3 "Sylvia" x86_64||Dec 17 2017||2.21-staging||Yes||Yes||No||Platinum||Dave Carlson|
|Show||Linux Mint 18 "Sarah" x86_64||Jul 09 2016||1.9.13||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Dave Carlson|
|Current||Slackware64 14.1||Jun 04 2014||1.7.17||Yes||Yes||Gold||Joel|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jul 31 2012||1.5.9||Yes||Yes||Gold||Le Gluon du Net|
|Show||Ubuntu 12.04 "Precise" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jul 08 2012||1.4||Yes||No||Garbage||Le Gluon du Net|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|18975||RealMYST crashes on launch||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|18976||Ending video in the Rime Age crashes the game||CLOSED||INVALID||View|
|21609||Multiple games loose most sound effects or crash||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|21990||RealMyst GOG crashes on launch||CLOSED||DUPLICATE||View|
|27779||Desktop mouse pointer always visible in Steam games||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
To get videos to work, install the Indeo codecs; the easiest way to do that is with winetricks icodecs.
1. "Select "Default Win Prefix"
2. Select "Windows DLL or Component
3. Select "icodecs"
Manual installation of Indeo codecs
2015-06-10 Admin note: the following was extracted from a user comment made in 2014, and may not be relevant to current Wine.
I downloaded iv5setup from moviecodec.com (found via Google), extracted
the setup with Universal Extractor (using WINE) and then used the native
cabextract to extract data1.cab to get the DLLs. I then extracted and
regsvr32'd the following DLLs from various folders: