Game loads and is playable using wine-2.15 (Staging) Played the first two chapters (Prologue & Lockdown). Running the benchmark also works.
What does not
1) When you loot an item, the screen (environment) goes dark and you can't see or its very dark and hard to see your environment for about 5 seconds. This doesn't happen if you run it from Windows. This also happens when you use Focus button when you exit Focus.
2) Journal menu is very dark and missing details.
3) FPS is very low (average less then 30 frames a second). When running from Windows, FPS is 60 frames a second. Need to set the quality to Low to get close to 30 FPS, where as in Windows when using Medium quality the game will get 60 FPS.
4) Game crashes/hangs sometimes on exit.
1) Using winetricks installed:
2) Enabled CSMT & VAAPI in winecfg under Staging tab
3) Left StrictDrawOrdering disabled.
4) In ThiefGame\Config\ThiefEngine.ini set PoolSize to VRAM * 600 (6GB = 3600)
5) 32-bit version runs faster then 64-bit version in Fullscreen Exclusive mode
6) Disabled all options except FXAA which didn't seem to hurt FPS undering benchmark testing
7) Texture & Shadow Quality set to Low. SSAA set to Off.
8) Vsync disabled
What was not tested
Other chapters in the game. 5 seconds of screen darkness when looting becomes annoying.
If the dark screen issue was addressed the game would be silver. Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ NVidia GeForce GTX 970M 16GB RAM
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 16.04 "Xenial" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Mar 12 2018||3.3||Yes||Yes||No||Silver||ML|
|Current||Fedora 24 x86_64||Sep 02 2017||2.15-staging||Yes||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Mike S|
|Show||Fedora 24 x86_64||Nov 26 2016||1.9.24||Yes||Yes||Bronze||Andrey Gusev|